• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HVEC 4:2:2 footage glitching when imported through image capture on Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Here's a new one for me. Could someone who is running big sur try playing these files and see if they glitch or work for them?  If files glitch, let me know which...

Trying to isolate the issue and see if it is an issue with my machine, or with big sur, or if it is the file importer.

Footage is glitching in premiere and quicktime player. Premiere shows a green screen and then plays frames out of order. 

The footage plays fine on camera. It is 60fps HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 from a canon r5

When I reimported with Eos Utility 3 it plays back fine. So, I would assume it was image capture and chock it up to that and move on, however I uploaded the files from both importers and they all played fine on a pc(AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, 64GB RAM, various NTSF drives - this was running off an external HDD (5400rpm)). When I shot two test files one 4k-U and one 4k-D both played back fine. So, it's not the codec alone. 

Machine specs below. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 4.13.48 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and what you are seeing here is the image capture import glitch and then the eos utility 3 impor...

Both files played back fine on a PC. So, wondering if it is an OS issue or machine issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

similar problem with green and dozens drops on hevc playback (win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines