• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am SICK of this program and Adobe!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every update makes Premiere less stable, less streamlined, less capable.  I'm working on an 18 core Mac with 256gb ram and Radeon Pro Vega 64x 16gb, and Premiere continues to underperform even basic tasks.  Can someone from Adobe please explain wtf is going on??

The latest issue I'm having is trying to create proxies for a bunch of h264 assets I received.  They are all relatively short (under 5 min), max resolution is 1080, and Media Encoder fails halfway.  Ok.  Force quit AME, go to batch out the files from Premiere and it literally doesn't do anything.  Just sits there with the progress bar at 0.  I left it for 30 minutes and nothing.  Go to quit, and it freezes upon QUITTING.  WHY.  I'm sick of throwing away money for a program and suite that keeps getting worse and worse.

Since writing this, I've restarted Premiere, re-queued the proxies, and AME has already frozen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest ... with so many problems ... that you use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, and completely wipe Premiere Pro from your machine. Don't follow the instructions (which say uninstall before running the CC Cleaner Tool).  Use the Cleaner for both the uninstall AND the removal of all bits.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell us how the h264 files were created?  Any chance they were created in a screen recording program like OBS?

If so, the problem is that they have a variable frame rate...  media info will tell you whether the frame rate is variable or constant.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

have you tried just to transcode one of the files to something else?   Do the h264's play nice with Premiere?   What if you just manually transcode to the proxy format and then attach them in premiere?  can you tell us how the h264 files were created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No these were downloaded from YT; they are all 2398 or 2997.  I tried batching them out overnight to ProRes Proxy in AME and guess what.. It got stuck on the first one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geez, I transcode 1080 (and sometimes 4k) h264 files to prores proxy without issues all the time...  maybe there's something dicey with your system...  it happens.   but then again, maybe it's easier for you to blame adobe rather than spend the time to figure out what's going on.  forgive the snark, or don't...  happy to help if you want to figure this out, but otherwise I'll ignore the ranting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Premiere and Adobe products for 10 years; yes I made this post out of frustration because I'm finding more and more that I have random errors, freezes from doing virtually nothing, and that Premiere has odd behaviors.  I just batched out the same videos from Resolve with no issues.  I don't mind having to troubleshoot, but it has been my experience especially the last year or 2 that I have to work around things that at this point shouldn't be an issue.  So for now this particular issue is solved.  Thanks though for your offer; I do appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well maybe you can share your solution and help others....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Resolve to transcode.  Not exactly a solution but I can't keep wasting time on it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what that's like.  but when and if you want to dig in to this, post back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turn off Intel's Quicksync h.264 acceleration and decoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisw44157881

An 18 Core Mac would not have an IGPU or Intel's Quick Sync. That being said the T2 chip does decode h.264 although it might be causing the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I would say the majority of people who are using premiere professionally are sick of this software by now. It's not just unstable, it's unreliable for professional use.

I've been editing in premiere almost daily for 9 years now. Doesn't matter how much we keep our hardware up to date, doesn't matter how many workarounds we come up with, we will still find ourselfs back at this website trying to solve problems that shouldn't even exist in the first place when you consider what we're paying.

Sorry for the rant. But I think Adobe should just start from scratch. 

I hope you find a solution, or at least a "temporary workaround". 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere in a professional environment almost exclusively for the at least the last 4 years with occasional forays into resolve and avid.  I've worked extensively in avid and fcp 1-7 and haven't experience more problems in premiere than avid or fcp.    I also sort thru most of the posts here most days so when something goes awry for me, I've usually already got the solution.   There are things that I know avid does better - in particular dealing with shared media and resolve does better - particularly the color correction interface but they both have to deal with the same issues of trying to make software that's compatible with as much of the hardware and os outthere and they both have problems with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure but the fact that other NLEs also have problems doesn't make anything better.

I still think premiere is the best solution out there, at least for me. However, Premiere keeps struggling with the most basic of tasks and the most basic of hardware solutions. That just shouldn't be the case when a software has had 29 years in the business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iStormIt

I agree with you. Adobe should not be wasting time on mobile APS when Premiere Pro has so many bugs. I would like to see Adobe scrap Premiere Pro and start over with one program that has the best of AE, Premiere, Audition and Prelude for $9.00 per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!  I would still like the flexibility to go more in depth with the other programs, but it would be great if Adobe could come out with 1 solid NLE that can handle basic to moderate compositing, motion graphics, color, audio etc without throwing a fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my post was more a rhetorical rant rather than looking for a solution for this single issue.  No amount of rationalizing, spec analyzing, whatever will convince me that it's OK that this program has difficulty transcoding a 2 minute 1920x1080 H264 clip to ProRes.  And I have yet to see Adobe take an accountability for their own [edited by moderator] programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ridiculous sometimes. Im at the border to switch to Final Cut Pro. Everything is always a problem. I was editing and my audio stopped working on premiere pro out of the blue. It just frustrating because now I have to figure out what happen while my deadline for the project is not stopping. They need to fix this issues but they are always having problems and it's just frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help, you can start by telling us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.    Have you checked to make sure that your hardware meets premiere's requirements?  

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tatiana,

In most cases, it's your media. Long GOP H.264 is a horrifying codec to edit with. Full stop.

My advice? Transcode every last frame to ProRes and everything will return to normal. If it's already ProRes (or Cineform), then you can return here with any new issues. I don't think you'll have any.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DDS,

We have not heard back from you. Can we assume that you fixed your problem? I'll change your title to reflect your actual issue. Hope that's OK.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines