Highlighted

I can't change keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting out with Premiere Pro CC and I need to change the shortcuts. I have read the support page on this:

Preset and customizable keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC

However, I can't figure out how to actually change a keyboard shortcut. What I want to do is change the zoom in to the + sign. So I get up the keyboard shortcuts window and finds that + is not assign, but how do I actually change it? Clicking on the command section is the below table has no effect. What to do?

Hi NiklasR,

Thank you for posting here.

Type in the command (that you want to edit or assign) in the search bar and you can assign the Keyboard shortcut accordingly.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Let me know if that helps.

-Kulpreet Singh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't change keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting out with Premiere Pro CC and I need to change the shortcuts. I have read the support page on this:

Preset and customizable keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC

However, I can't figure out how to actually change a keyboard shortcut. What I want to do is change the zoom in to the + sign. So I get up the keyboard shortcuts window and finds that + is not assign, but how do I actually change it? Clicking on the command section is the below table has no effect. What to do?

Hi NiklasR,

Type in the command (that you want to edit or assign) in the search bar and you can assign the Keyboard shortcut accordingly.

1.jpg

2.jpg

-Kulpreet Singh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2017 0
Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NiklasR,

1.jpg

2.jpg

-Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2017 2
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Nearest Edit Point as Trim In shortcutSelect Nearest Edit Point as Trim In shortcut

Hi, I am attempting to set a shortcut in Premiere Pro on Windows 10 for "Select Nearest Edit Point as Trim In" but whatever I do it only reveals which shortcuts are around it but doesn't let me set the desired keystrokes. What are the limitations for assigning shortcuts? Is there a setting I need to adjust to be able to assign new shortcuts? I'm already working on my own custom Keyboard Layout Preset. Lemme know, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  Nothing I appear to do shows me that changes have even been made, let alone to save my changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, just tried the "drag-and-drop" method, which did work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I understand the method you will need to also first press down the desired modifiers like Alt + Shift + Ctrl etc.... and then use your mouse to drag it onto the keyboard diagram in the upper section. Encouraging there is a way forward, thanks for confirming! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0