• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't change my subtitles settings from srt files

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere 2019 (13.1.5) and I'm having trouble changing my subtitles settings for my.srt files. 
After doing the dowloand of the files using the Kapwing website / app, I try to make changes such as changing the color of the legend, changing the formatting of the legend line or removing the black background from the subtitle.
Sometimes Premiere let me make some changes and sometimes it doesn't, being completely random when it lets me change it or not.
Does anyone know how to solve this or some way to download subtitles for videos in a quickly way, like using Kapwing, but without having this problem of sometimes not being able to change the file settings?
TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SRT typically is a basic text type of subtitle, meaning it is not designed to handle different fonts or formattting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure whether you are trying to change the formatting when importing the srt, or to change formatting after you have imported. Either one should work for Open Captions. If you are working with closed captions, you will be limited if you try to make changes after importing.

Before import, in the Captions Panel, click on the Import Settings button. Select the "Import File type" as srt. Click the check box for the appropriate section(s) and make your settings.

If after import, what type of caption stream are you using?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines