Highlighted

I can't display open file explorers or browsers while premiere pro is maximised

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  on Windows 10 19041.833. Premiere Version 14.3.1. I can't display open file explorers or browsers while premiere pro is maximised. Mousing over to the windows preview doesn't do anything visible. Clicking on the app in taskbar doesn't let me see the window. It just opens up behind Premiere Pro. How do change this to work like it used to where premiere pro goes to the background when I click on something?

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't display open file explorers or browsers while premiere pro is maximised

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  on Windows 10 19041.833. Premiere Version 14.3.1. I can't display open file explorers or browsers while premiere pro is maximised. Mousing over to the windows preview doesn't do anything visible. Clicking on the app in taskbar doesn't let me see the window. It just opens up behind Premiere Pro. How do change this to work like it used to where premiere pro goes to the background when I click on something?

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a setting in your OS. Premiere has no control over this.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happens with Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried resetting your workspace in Premiere?

How does this create problems for you? Not sure how alt-tab takes any
more time than clicking on something...

I'll check this tomorrow on my office system and see if I see the same
behavior...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried alt-tab to switch apps?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't solve the error, It works but it's just a work around not solution to my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by "Mousing over to the windows preview doesn't do anything visible."  Are you talking about the taskbar?  If so, when I do that `I see a thumbnail for example of my chrome browser window which if I click on, takes me to my chrome page...  So I'm guessing that there's something wonky with either the OS or the Premiere install..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines