Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't hear the audio in Adobe Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I have a problem with sound. After importing the files of all commonly used formats( mov, mts, mp4, mxl,... ). I can't hear any the sound. I see amplitude. Leds show a signal, but it can not hear. Reset settings, my pc, application, cleaned the media cache files and nothing. I have not turned on mute and I have properly set the sound card. Besides Adobe Premiere Pro sound is heard. Plays in other media players. You nomalnie hear the sound even in Adobe Audition. The problem relates to 10 of the same PC. Please Help Me! Thanks.
Mike
p.S. Sorry form my english

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Hi There,

I was having an audio problem as well. No audio trough speakers, hardware settings were all fine. On OSX. Finally fixed it!

So I have NewTec NDI for Adobe installed to output NDI ip-video directly from Adobe Premiere or After Effects. When I'd went into Preferences > Playback > Audio Device - NewTec NDI output was selected as audio output. Took me some hours to find this setting! So I'd set it back to Adobe Destkop Audio, and FINALLY there it was.

Hope I can help somebody with this! Cheer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you hear sound if you play the inbuilt bars and tone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think I should use the eq for audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you hear sound if you play the inbuilt bars and tone?

What is your answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean too  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project pane click on the new item button and select HD bars and tone, Drag this new item to the source monitor and play, do you hear the audio?

Bars and Tone 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh I forget about this ... I create Bars & Tones and nothing. I cant hear audio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a guide to the information we need.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I pulled up bars and but I didn't hear any tone. I saw bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maciejk,

Is there any moment/signal in Premiere Pro Audio Meter panel?

If no, check the "Master Track" output volume in "Audio Track Mixer" panel.

ATM.JPG

If issue persists,

Check the "Default Output" device in Premiere Pro Preferences > Audio Hardware.

change the device & test the sound.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only that mixer in my Premiere Pro ... 😕
mixer app.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look at the Audio Track mixer, not the clip mixer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no view of the active in my mixer tab... nvm  I did what you say and nothing has changed. audio fix2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maciejk,

Have you changed the Default Output in Preferences > Audio Hardware? Please try with all devices in the list.

If issue persists, Please contact support FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I also had this problem and the preference and audio hardware worked very well for me.

I my case I was using a bluetooth headset and couldn't hear a thing in Premiere Pro because it doesn't changes automatically to your headset and uses your default built-in speakers of your computer.

Thanks for the clear steps to resolve the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had the same issue and it was this.  Appreciate the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP!!! worked!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thank you for this! It was making me bonkers trying to figure out why I had no playback when the audio hardware was set correctly, I cleaned media cache, I made sure nothing was muted, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maciejk,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem on project that was working! My edit project sound was audible, then I saved and closed it. When I reopened the project, I could see the meters moving, but hear nothing. System audio works fine. Tired changing the audio hardware - nothing. I ended up editing out selects by using the audio waveform on the tmeline and I output MP4's from Premiere. The audio on the MP4's were fine and played back on the desktop without issue. Definitely a Premiere problem, but WHAT???!!

Does  anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey webcastdude,

I'd reset preferences and see if that helps.

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time (hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting). That returned my audio throughput 🙂

- Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences - Audio Hardware - Default Output

Make sure your speakers are selected

fix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue with a project I was working on. Ultimately I thought I had it fixed but the problem reared its ugly head in a packed auditorium in downtown L.A.

I had clips of dialogue audio during a segment of the video that would either: 1) show wave forms and audio levels as if sound was playing but I could hear nothing, or 2) I would hear the audio -- if I restarted my computer, for a bit -- but it would come out either silent or garbled.

The kicker is that EVERY OTHER piece of audio works fine. The background music beneath the clips works just fine. The later dialogue also works. I cleared the cache, checked audio inputs and nothing seemed to work.

I discovered a major issue is whether or not I'm using my Sony monitor headphones versus playing directly out of the computer (or in this case, from the theater's computer and speaker system). When I have headphones, I hear the dialogue audio, but if I take the headphones out I hear the garbled sound. This occurs within Adobe Premiere and in the final exported file. What could the issue possibly be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines