Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't hear the audio in Adobe Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I have a problem with sound. After importing the files of all commonly used formats( mov, mts, mp4, mxl,... ). I can't hear any the sound. I see amplitude. Leds show a signal, but it can not hear. Reset settings, my pc, application, cleaned the media cache files and nothing. I have not turned on mute and I have properly set the sound card. Besides Adobe Premiere Pro sound is heard. Plays in other media players. You nomalnie hear the sound even in Adobe Audition. The problem relates to 10 of the same PC. Please Help Me! Thanks.
Mike
p.S. Sorry form my english

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Hi There,

I was having an audio problem as well. No audio trough speakers, hardware settings were all fine. On OSX. Finally fixed it!

So I have NewTec NDI for Adobe installed to output NDI ip-video directly from Adobe Premiere or After Effects. When I'd went into Preferences > Playback > Audio Device - NewTec NDI output was selected as audio output. Took me some hours to find this setting! So I'd set it back to Adobe Destkop Audio, and FINALLY there it was.

Hope I can help somebody with this! Cheer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we need to determine if this is an issue with your hardware or with your settings. If you are experiencing this in the final file, are you able to replicate the problem on another computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one of the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v8dirtajlobl00/EXPRESS%20LANES%20PAIR%20FINAL.mp4?dl=0

VOICEOVER/INTERVIEW AUDIO WORKS ON:

- MacBook Pro

- Mac Pro with headphones

- iPhone with headphones

DOES NOT WORK ON:

- Mac Pro speakers

- iPhone (produces faint garbled sound)

- Theater multimedia system (it was a PC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have an audio output mapping issue. You need to double check your sequence in the Audio Track Mixer in Premiere.

I'm not a big audio guy so I might not be explaining this correctly but if you pan your audio to the left or right, you'll hear your VO. I think what's happening is your music is stereo so you'll hear that no matter what. Your VO was recorded mono dual channel and your sequence settings are incorrect so you're not hearing your VO. Different players will handle those tracks/channels differently, as well as different output devices, like headphones.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 1.28.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, seems like that could be it. Might've had it on dual mono from a previous shoot. Let me play around with it a bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember, you must create a new sequence. You're not able to change the channel format on already existing sequences. I just created a new one with a multi-channel master track and that clip plays back fine on it. You should be able to select everything in your old sequence and paste it into the new sequence and be very close to being good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is the best I've had thus far and I seem to be getting closer to being able to finish it, so very much appreciated. Still having some weird situations where I'll be able to hear one clip, then the next one I can't (all on the same track).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a mono clip and stereo clip on the same track, you're going to get different results. Like I said, I wish I could go into further detail about audio but I know just enough to get by, not to really explain it. You need to confirm the audio mapping of your clips then make sure you have the correct timeline settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to work it enough where audio works in all settings. Looking at the sequence audio settings though, this is definitely the tip of the iceberg for me in understanding audio mapping. For the time being I'm just going to make sure I'm not recording in dual mono and work with the default "Standard" channel setting (but truthfully, I don't even know what that means).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with another project now. I can hear all video audio when I watch/listen in Premiere, on Dropbox, Quicktime and YouTube using my 2017 MacBook Pro or headphones on my 2013 Mac Pro. As soon as I unplug the headphones on the Mac Pro, I no longer can hear the voiceover / interview audio on any format (background music and other files play just fine).

Absolutely stumped. No audio also plays from the original audio file in Quicktime or iTunes on the Mac Pro as well. It just seems to me I can't narrow down the issue at this point as there are just so many variables. The only thing I think I've learned is to avoid using the built-in Adobe audio panel to adjust audio as that seems to be the only thing in common with the previous issue on the video I posted about before.

ADOBE VERSION:

Running Adobe Premiere Pro CC ver. 12.0.

MAC PRO SPECS:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 25 MB

Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3 G

Memory: 32 GB

Default Output Device: Yes

Default System Output Device: Yes

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Output Channels: 2

Current SampleRate: 48000

Transport: Built-in

Output Source: Internal Speakers

AUDIO FILE SPECS:

File Path: /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/studiom/Desktop/SilverLine Footage/TASCAM_0171S12.wav

Type: Waveform Audio

File Size: 30.92 MB

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:01:52:26880

VR Projection: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I was having an audio problem as well. No audio trough speakers, hardware settings were all fine. On OSX. Finally fixed it!

So I have NewTec NDI for Adobe installed to output NDI ip-video directly from Adobe Premiere or After Effects. When I'd went into Preferences > Playback > Audio Device - NewTec NDI output was selected as audio output. Took me some hours to find this setting! So I'd set it back to Adobe Destkop Audio, and FINALLY there it was.

Hope I can help somebody with this! Cheers, Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I needed. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS did it for me. Many thanks for taking the time to post this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHH thank you!!! This fix needs to be more visible in search results, I've had this issue for months and only just figured it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a glitch and bug with new premiere.  Click the "S" button to solo an audio track and play it.  Then unselect the "S" button.  It somehow seems to bring back all of the audio in that sequence.  I was having the same issue.

Thanks,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this has been answered yet but said I'd throw in what I found myself having a similar problem.

I set up my sequence for Multichannel output with 4 mono tracks, panned and assigned correctly.

When I brought a clip into the timeline with 4 mono tracks of audio, I could only ever hear 1 and 2 even though I was getting levels for 3 and 4 in my meters and there was also waveforms there.

I finally stumbled across the monitor buttons at the bottom of the level meters.

Once I clicked on both(they turn blue), I was able to hear all 4 channels through speakers or headphones or alternatively any of the 2 separately.

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been struggling with the same issue for a while, and I changed the settings in playback..

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 16.24.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My source audio is fine.

Cut it into a sequence…fine.
But if I create a multicam sequence…no audio.
No audio in source monitor.
No audio if cut into a sequence.
BUT…the level meters are dancing up and down!
And the waveform is there if I cut it into a timeline.
Yet no audio comes out of my speakers.
Tried remapping channels — no difference.
Tried different audio hardware output options (just to try). Nada.
Tried variations on creating the sequence. Nope.
Only affects the multicam sequence.
Source (non-multicam clips) are all a-o-k.
Stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver!

Been trying to figure this our for 2 weeks and finally.

Thanks man - that really helped.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines