• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't import a .mp4 into version 14.3

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a short animation in After Effects CC. I used the latest version of Media Encoder to create a 1920x1080 30 fps MP4. When I tried to use Premiere Pro 14.3 to edit and add a music track, the video would not import. In fact all of my previous .MP4 videos show if the media browser as an icon, not a thumbnail and would not import either. I could however import a .MOV file. 

When I switch to Premiere Pro 12.1.2, the MP4 showed up as usual and loaded as expected.

I have both systems set to software render. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, cant open any of my sony a7rii and a7iii footage, i have to revert back to version 14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: The latest version of Premiere Pro that will open the file correctly is 14.1. I tried the latest version 14.5 today and it still will not load any of my MP4 files all of which were all created with Premiere Pro ver 12, 13 or up to 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines