• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't mind black bars - how do I create 1080p video from DSLR stills?

Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got lots of time-lapse video made from DSLR stills.   DSLR's make images with a 3:2 aspect ratio, e.g., 8256x5504 pixels.   I want to put them up on services like Vimeo.  

If I put a conventional 1080p (1920x1080)  video up on Vimeo it's happy.   But if I put a 3:2 aspect ratio up (1620x1080) it black-bars the sides, as I would expect, and the top and bottom, which makes no sense!   Basically it shrinks the whole thing.  See below . . . The top image is a 1080p video.pp1.jpgpp2.jpgpp3.jpg

I don't want to crop my images and lose content, instead I'd rather just have black bars on the sides.  I want to make my 1620x1080 video have black bars on the sides to fill it out to 1920x1080 so I can upload a conventional 1080p video to make them happy.   How do I do that?

I can't be the only person making time-lapse videos from stills, and there are tons of how-to and tutorials out there but I haven't found any that address these details.   Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a 1920x1080 sequence and drop your still into.

Scale so they fit top and bottom (set to framesize) the black bars will automatically appear.

Export 1920x1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines