• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I erased a one month project. Help!

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a HUGE problem. While cleaning my Mac SSD drive, I erased the Premiere Pro project I was working on since one month (A 90 minutes feature film for French TV!!!). And I emptied the trash can. Time machine was not enabled so I lost this project. I just found a .prmdc2 file with the name of the project. Can I restore the project with this file?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in the autosave folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I restore the project with this file?

Short anwer: no

Guessing you did not make a backup on a different drive?

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sob. No, I didn't. I deactivated Time Machine before starting to work on this film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've lost the project file, along with all the auto-saves, your only hope is a File Recovery software. It rarely works, but if you're lucky enough, you might find a working copy of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you export screeners of your edit via Media Encoder at any stage?

Did you leave those completed export jobs in the Media Encoder queue? If so, then hovering your mouse on that queue item will show you the path to the simplified (sequence only) temp project file that was created when the sequence export was queued from PPro. You can use that project file as a base for rebuilding your project ... its not everything but it's the most important bit ie your edit decisions.

Even if its not still in the queue its probably still worth checking the temp directory... if you're very, very lucky (albeit unlikely) then you may be able find something .. in the Finder, press Cmd-Shift-G to get the 'Go to Folder' window, then type /var/folders and press 'Go'.  Search that directory for any occurence of 'prproj' (Premiere Pro Project).

Unfortunately for you, OS X is very good at automatically cleaning up its temp directories.

If you were on Windows its almost certain your temp project files would all still be in the temp directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advices. I used Data rescue, payed 50$ and recovered the project but it's damaged and impossible to open with Premiere. No, I didn't leave the complete export in Media Encoder queue. And no, there are no prproj files in the /var/folders. 😞 😞 I'm desperate. I lost 30 days of good work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this guy to fix the project.

About Mohsen_Aghaei - Adobe Support Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines