Highlighted

I feel cheated

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked with premiere and the adobe pack for years. I have paid the subscription and freelance work for two years, lately I have had a lot of problems and you have not solved anyone.

At First I have problems with the dynamic links, both from Premiere and After Effect. I try to export with Media Encoder and it works when It wants, most of the time it doesn't.

Finally, I'm working with a 4k video and Premiere not only can't preview it, but the program doesn't work directly. It is slow even to open a tab. I contacted one of their representatives, and he blatantly lied to me, saying that he could not work with that file with 16GB of RAM. A big lie, I have a YouTube channel with more than 60 videos published and edited in 4k, and I never had problems until today. I understand that is better if you have 32gb of RAM, but if I havent the program dont work is a lie. The technician realized that he did not know what was happening, and used the amount of RAM as an excuse. I am outraged, I want to file a complaint, I want to be rewarded, and that the problem be solved immediately. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I feel cheated

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked with premiere and the adobe pack for years. I have paid the subscription and freelance work for two years, lately I have had a lot of problems and you have not solved anyone.

At First I have problems with the dynamic links, both from Premiere and After Effect. I try to export with Media Encoder and it works when It wants, most of the time it doesn't.

Finally, I'm working with a 4k video and Premiere not only can't preview it, but the program doesn't work directly. It is slow even to open a tab. I contacted one of their representatives, and he blatantly lied to me, saying that he could not work with that file with 16GB of RAM. A big lie, I have a YouTube channel with more than 60 videos published and edited in 4k, and I never had problems until today. I understand that is better if you have 32gb of RAM, but if I havent the program dont work is a lie. The technician realized that he did not know what was happening, and used the amount of RAM as an excuse. I am outraged, I want to file a complaint, I want to be rewarded, and that the problem be solved immediately. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, but if things have gotten problematic recently, something must have changed.

Have you updated Premiere?  If so, I'd suggest you go back to the previous version that worked ok.

Many things can cause problems in your system that are not Premiere's fault.  Drives can fail and performance can decrease.  16 gigs is not an ideal amount of ram, but I've worked without issues on my macbookpro...  Have you considered a proxy workflow?  Is a little complicated to master but once you do, it's rock solid.   

This forum is an incredible resource and you'll find a lot of help here, but you'll need to provide us with some info as John suggested in his post with this link

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-What-information-should-I-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also with AfterEffects comps in your premiere timeline, I always render out my comp in after effects and put it on the timeline directly above the comp in premiere.  I know this is not ideal, but it's a good solid workaround.  Premiere and AfterEffects are extremely complex programs that may be problematic on some systems.  There's no way Adobe can test every possible combination of hardware, OS and software.  Back in the early days of Avid Media Composer, the system was sold as a turnkey system.  Avid provided all hardware and software and even then when they would have an update, things sometimes went seriously south.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, if I have worked with proxies, and it is
comfortable when there are a lot of large files and in RAW, for
example. In this case, I am editing a minimal video with which I
shouldn't have a problem. What has made me the most angry is that the
people in charge of providing the adobe service have not taken charge,
they have not offered solutions and worse they have blamed the 16gb,
when we all know that with that amount you can work perfectly terms.
I'd rather be told I don't know than lie to me.

--
*dardo.tv *

*dardosanpee@gmail.com *

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16GB is recommended for working with HD video.

32GB is recommended for working with 4k video.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

However, your RAM isn't the only contributing factor. What are the rest of your system specs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0