Highlighted

I have a 122 GB AVCHD file, that now is only showing 1 KB, how can I fix and restore the video?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is on a SD card, I can see on the card it is still showing the size being taken up on the card, but the fikle size is now only showing 1 kb, so I know the content is still there how do i make the content visible again.

I thank you in advance for your assistance,

Sebastian

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I have a 122 GB AVCHD file, that now is only showing 1 KB, how can I fix and restore the video?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is on a SD card, I can see on the card it is still showing the size being taken up on the card, but the fikle size is now only showing 1 kb, so I know the content is still there how do i make the content visible again.

I thank you in advance for your assistance,

Sebastian

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a shortcut to the file. Perhaps an errant windows click, etc? I have them at times, then when I go to find something, it's gone, and I had dropped it into another folder, and the lightbulb goes on dimly as I sort of recalled I had done that recently...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may be out of luck, but there are programs that may be able to restore files when the sd card has gotten corrupted.  I'll see if I can find the one I used successfully a few years ago...  No luck at the moment but I'm going out to visit my ancient macpro (out in New Jersey with some needy friends) tomorrow and if I can find the name of the program.  But it was a week of trying different things before I was able to have some success.  If you don't enjoy banging your head against the all and if this is crucial, you might want to do some googling for data recovery services...  but you should never depend on a single copy of an important file.  you need to have at least one copy, maybe more.  every drive, even ssd's, flash drives, etc. will fail.  it's just a question of when.  could be tomorrow, but be 50 years from now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.  found the program I used to recover some files

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoRec

As I said, this is not a simple process but if you've got the time to waste, give it a shot.  DO NOT WRITE ANY NEW FILES TO THE CARD as you may corrupt whatever may be there...

Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0