• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a problem that makes my pc restart by itself when exporting a 4k 60 fps video.

Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix this? I also use sapphire, bcc, mbl, red giant universe, twixtor, and RSMB.

(My timeline on this project is 2 minutes long)

Please leave a comment about this thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

It has been a long time already, but what I did was I switched from a 500w power supply to a 750w.

I think the problem was when under heavy load my power supply couldn't handle it and it makes my PC restart automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it overheating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not when exporting my max temp of my GPU is 70c and my CPU temp is around 60c+ too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that it was my first time posting a question here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not exactly the same problem, but the ideas here MAY help

BSOD shutdowns https://community.adobe.com/t5/Video-Hardware/Possible-fix-for-BSOD-with-Adobe-apps/td-p/9875929
-http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2014/01/13/computer-shuts-down-with-premiere-pro-or-after-effects/
-http://www.howtogeek.com/222730/how-to-find-out-why-your-windows-pc-crashed-or-froze/
-http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I saw from that articles is a blue screen issue but my PC does not go thru that it only automatically restarts by itself when exporting or rendering. and I'm not experiencing any overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it only automatically restarts by itself when exporting or rendering.

I would look in the Windows logs to find what it says about the error. Hit the windows key, the type "event" and you should see "event viewer." Someone else can point you better, but I would click on the "Windows Logs" and then "System." I think you'll find critical/fatal/shutdown type events there.

Also, I don't remember the setting, but the "automatic restart on fatal error" or something like that is a setting you can turn off. So you do any other troubleshooting before the reboot.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, those were stated so what do I do?
"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find any solution. I came up with same command on Event viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been a long time already, but what I did was I switched from a 500w power supply to a 750w.

I think the problem was when under heavy load my power supply couldn't handle it and it makes my PC restart automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try first encoding it to prores. i'm guessing you're using native .mp4 and getting a memory leak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'll try that out and tell you the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very strange. are you using large images?

try exporting to local drive, not NAS and try video software render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Specs:

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 GPU MSI NVIDIA 1660 SUPER MOBO MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM RAM Team Elite T-Force Delta 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz Memory WHITE STORAGE 512GB SABRENT NVME PCIE, 240GB LEXAR ,1TB & 500GB SATA PSU Seasonic S12III 500 SSR-500GB3 500W 80+ Bronze Power Supply.

I use Premiere Pro on my SSD which is 240GB and the video clips the I used in the project is stored in my HDD which is 1TB, Storage left on my SSD is 20GB left. My Windows is also stored in my SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>500W 80+ Bronze Power Supply

Go to https://www.newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator/

It MAY be that your power supply is not large enough and is 'glitching' under heavy load

I personally would not use anything smaller than 750 watt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So meaning this will keep happening if I don't get a new PSU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to the calculator and enter all of your hardware?

What did the calculator show as your power load?

As I said... I would not use less than a 750 watt power supply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total is 291 Watts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't have any other ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try a burn in tool to check total system stability under stress. like Passmark burn-in.

at least that way you'd isolate if its hardware or software.

if it passes, then run a generic export from premiere with no plugins to, let's say a youtube encode.

last resort, layering all those plugins on top of each other raises a red flag to me. you may have to export multiple smaller passes of effects. this is kind of complicated and has to do with GPU memory buffers in frames. as 1660 is an older GPU, software render may be an alternative. or disable hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines