Highlighted

I have a really solid computer but I'm still getting lag in Premiere Pro....

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My specs:

Ryzen 3900X (12 cores)

64GB Ram

GeForce 2060 Super (8 GB)

And plenty of storage.

I have looked at all the settings. Turned off any performance hogging setting in this entire program. Flipped through every possible thing I could find online about how to get faster performance.. nothing has worked. I have updated my computer. Updated Adobe Premiere to the latest version. And updated my graphics driver... I do not understand why I pay $50 a month only to press play while I'm editing and the program literally freezes up and nothing happens. The audio cuts in and out while editing, and the software will just crash for no reason at all. I'm working off of a highspeed SSD so it's impossible that my storage could be causing this. I'm totally at a loss and I need to get some editting done. It could be something very simple that I'm just oblivous to.. any suggestions would help. I'm considering cancelling my plan after this.. So please, if I'm missing something suggest it. Even if it seems simple...

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I have a really solid computer but I'm still getting lag in Premiere Pro....

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My specs:

Ryzen 3900X (12 cores)

64GB Ram

GeForce 2060 Super (8 GB)

And plenty of storage.

I have looked at all the settings. Turned off any performance hogging setting in this entire program. Flipped through every possible thing I could find online about how to get faster performance.. nothing has worked. I have updated my computer. Updated Adobe Premiere to the latest version. And updated my graphics driver... I do not understand why I pay $50 a month only to press play while I'm editing and the program literally freezes up and nothing happens. The audio cuts in and out while editing, and the software will just crash for no reason at all. I'm working off of a highspeed SSD so it's impossible that my storage could be causing this. I'm totally at a loss and I need to get some editting done. It could be something very simple that I'm just oblivous to.. any suggestions would help. I'm considering cancelling my plan after this.. So please, if I'm missing something suggest it. Even if it seems simple...

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

If the file is variable frame rate, which although Adobe says it will support, many users are having issues with VFR.

Use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response! I just checked. I'm outputing video from streamlabs. If I understand correctly I'm already using the constant format. It encodes the video using CBR (Constant bit rate) to an MP4. Don't know if CBR and CFR equal the same result as far as encoding goes. But I'm certain that I do not see an output option for Variable Frame Rate checked anywhere. So this should'nt be the source of the problem if I understand it properly. Any other suggestions as to what it may be??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CBR and CFR are completely different things.

Pleaes use MediaInfo as in my previous post and then we can move on from there, depending upon the results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines