• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a terrible subtitling issue!!

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with adobe premiere pro for over 6 years and I never had this issue before. V15.0 of adobe premiere pro 2021 has issue when I import an arabic SRT file. The letters of all the arabic subtitles are split and not joint. (see attached image). What frustrates me is that it is joint in the source view, so why not in the sequence view??? 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are in the Effects workspace. First, click on the Captions workspace. It will help to have the Text Panel to be open. You can also open it by going to Windows -> Text. But it is not essential.

Then see the correct answer from staff (Trent Happel via Kevin Monahan):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/srt-import-with-right-to-left-language-e-g-hebrew-arabic...

"Do you have South Asian and Middle Eastern set in your Caption Track Settings? Right-click on the Caption track header, choose Track Settings... and then under Styling Options > Text Engine, click button for South Asian and Middle Eastern. Then click Ok button."

Interestingly, I don't think you need to set the regular preferences to South Asian and Middle Eastern as long as you set the caption track. But when I set the regular preferences to that and created a new track, it set the caption track to the same.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines