• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have made a project, but I cannot export it into a video file. Help!

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made my video on Adobe Premiere, but whenever I try to export the file, it stays as an "Adobe Project", and not a video. I cannot find where I can select the folder I want which would be "Videos" whenever I try and export the file into my PC. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong, or if this is some kind of glitch. I would greatly appreciate assistance, thanks! 

P.S Is there some kind of other option I could use to make the project a video?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im a Noob by the way, so please keep your replies simple if you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening Premiere hit the Learn tab. You really need to understand the basics. Premiere has a very steep learning curve.

Double click on the Output Name in the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere's project file is a database of the project ... the clips included, the settings, all of that. It is not a video file.

To export a video file from Premiere, select a sequence/timeline from the project panel or with the sequence/timline panel highlighted in blue, hit Ctrl/Cmd-M to bring up the export dialog.

In that dialog, you choose the preset and settings for the format/codec to export to, set the name and location of the file right below that where the sequence name is shown in blue, and make other settings as needed down below.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines