• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have no View Menu in Premiere Pro CC 13

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere Pro for a while, and I recently decided to start getting better at it. Specifically, I wanted to start moving my media around the Project Monitor, and have it "snap" into place along the sides of the frame. When I looked up how to do this, I found that I needed to use rulers, which I could turn on using the View Menu. But, as it turns out. I don't have that. I looked up videos, and saw that everyone else has all of the same menus that I have, but they all have View and I don't. Apparently, it should be between Graphics and Window. I have no idea where mine went, or how to get it back, as no one else seems to have ever had this problem before.

Clipboard01.png

I even went into my keyboard shortcuts to try to set a shortcut for "Show Ruler", as that is the command that the tutorials told me to click on, but that doesn't seem to exist. The View menu items aren't in the shortcuts wizard either. It's like it never existed.

Clipboard02.png

Can anyone help with this?

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Why not upgrade to 2020? Uninstall 2019 and go for 2020? Otherwise delete preferences setting them back to default. Select an Adobe Workspace (like "Edit") and then Reset to saved layout. Otherwise uninstall 2019 and reinstall.

OK, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not upgrade to 2020? Uninstall 2019 and go for 2020? Otherwise delete preferences setting them back to default. Select an Adobe Workspace (like "Edit") and then Reset to saved layout. Otherwise uninstall 2019 and reinstall.

OK, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it's a good idea to tell someone to update to 2020 without asking what their hardware and OS are.   we see alot of posts from people who update and have serious problems usually because their ... hardware and/or os are not sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. I'll start doing it your way and tell them to roll back to a previous version immediatly! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed Premiere Pro 2020, and now I have that View menu. This was the correct answer, which seems obvious in retrospect. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines