• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have problems with subtitles exporting 2021 to 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m working the subtitles of a serie in premiere 2021 but the productor is still working in premiere 2020. The problem is that when they open the .srt file that i send to him to put into the final cut: 

- size is different and can´t change

- the subtitles appears with black background 

I don´t know how to fix it, if there is an option to export different or something like that. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

If the pixel size of the subtitles do not match the sequence setting, that is another step. But they may be okay, so these steps first.

In the Caption panel, which he shows, right click and pick "Select All." Click on the Background icon and then set the 100% to 0% (opacity zero means no background).

Then pick the font family he wants and set the size as needed. Very large pixel sequence, so it will need to be large. But the good news is it can done for all captions at once.

Let me know wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information. I think we can help. These questions are examples of what would help.

What type of caption are you using: Subtitles (the 2020 Open Captions) or some type of Closed Caption? Are you styling the text other than any overall settings? E.g. making some text red and the rest black?

You are exporting srt. Do they need something special? Might another export type work?

PR 2020 still had a caption import settings option (Caption Panel -> Import Settings button). They can use this to modify your basic format to whatever they want (no background, font family, size, color, etc).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! thanks for your quick answer. I´m working on a macbook air and never used subtitles in 2020 so i don´t have idea of that (open or closed). Start working with the 2021 extension. 

The style is not to far from standarts setting. Just change the color (all subtitles are yellow with some shade background). Typography is one from the Premiere.  In fact, he could see the color but the subtitle is too small and have a black background and he don´t know how to change. (this is a long distance work). 
He take the .srt file and just import on the proyect. He send me a short video that i attach if you could see. 

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

PS. Sorry if my english is not ok, my native language is spanish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pixel size of the subtitles do not match the sequence setting, that is another step. But they may be okay, so these steps first.

In the Caption panel, which he shows, right click and pick "Select All." Click on the Background icon and then set the 100% to 0% (opacity zero means no background).

Then pick the font family he wants and set the size as needed. Very large pixel sequence, so it will need to be large. But the good news is it can done for all captions at once.

Let me know what doesn't work and we can help sort that.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot! I´m going to tell the producer all this and i think it´s going to be ok!

Again, thanks for all the information and specification to give me a solution! I am so happy with the support of this community.

Rocío

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Let us know how it goes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines