• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have terrible lag on Premiere 2020.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer used to run Premiere pro absolutely fine until last week, and now it takes ages to do the simplest of tasks. It takes forever to scrub through footage, it can barely playback raw footage (no effects, nothing). Rendering the footage does nothing to help either. My computer has experienced no changes in hardware and can handle much heavier lifting than Premiere. Are there any fixes to what I am assuming is a terrible update that came out? I have some tight deadlines coming up and can't afford to have my editing platform die on me. My media cache is clear.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Thanks for the reply, it seems it was an issue with that specific file (just a screen recording from an iPhone). I ran it through the windows stock video editor and exported it again, the new file from that seems to be running fine. Not sure what specifically caused the initial issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for those resources! The problem seems to have evolved now.

The lag is tied to one file in particular. The raw runs totally fine in my Windows media player, but as soon as its in premier it drops to 10FPS and freezes a lot. Scrubbing through it is next to impossible and the video frequently just turns into a matte green color. I tried rendering it, but the expected render time is over an hour for a three minute clip. I rendered a different three minute clip in the same sequence for comparison, and that was done in about a minute or two. I also tried exporting it, but that was also a projected hour and a half. I am gonna try importing and exporting the file through a different media editor to see if that fixes anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And besides updating Premiere Pro, have you also updated the GPU and Operating System drivers? If you haven't, try to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K H.264 can be hard to scrub through if you have opted to show continious frames as seen in the video below. Can you create a short video or take a screen shot of the Windows Task Manager (or iStats) so we can see what is going on under the hood of Premiere Pro? The video below migh be helpful. Having said that a GPU driver update might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, it seems it was an issue with that specific file (just a screen recording from an iPhone). I ran it through the windows stock video editor and exported it again, the new file from that seems to be running fine. Not sure what specifically caused the initial issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines