• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep losing my track matte when replacing a clip.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I created a video and at one point I have a clip entering in a circle and then leaving in the same circle. I used a track matte for this feature and it worked well. Unfortunately, I need to replace the clip because it was stock footage and now I have the real footage I want. (It's the exact same clip, just without the watermark.)

I have found some ways to easily replace footage, including holding alt and dragging the new over the old, right clicking the old footage, clicking "show in project" and then replacing the footage there. But no matter what I do, the footage scaling maintains but the track matte does not, though it still shows up and says the track matte still is on. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the video duped onto both V1 and V2, the Track Matte effect on the clip on V2, set to take from the matte on V3, is that correct?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Track Mattes behave strangely in Premiere. When they are active they will actually take the scale and position from the video (and maybe even vice versa?) If the issue is a scaling thing you can try removing the track matte and swapping the footage out and then reapplying, or maybe putting the footage inside of a nest so that you can do whatever you want to the footage inside the nest and it won't affect the setup with the track matte outside of the nest. (Just be sure that the nest is set up to the high resolution version in the main timeline.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines