• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I lost all my presets...

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My macbook pro had a few updates for the creative cloud.  Since this update has occured, I seemed to have lost all my presets I was using for the apps.  I checked on my microsoft pc and all my presets are still there.  I checked for updates (which there are none) I also synced my settings from my pc to upload them to my macbook.  Still not there.  Is there anyone else having the same issue or did I not something correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew1285, what Adobe application did you loose your presets in?  If it is multiple programs, then which application would you like to begin the process of recovering you're presets in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was for Adobe Premiere Pro.  I didn't have a lot for PS or AE so I don't feel to bad they were lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem today! Did you manage to fix this? If so how? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overnight, it appears I too have lost all my folders and files on my local drive (on my iMac  -running macOS Mojave 10.14.6) These have been successfully synced to the Creative Cloud Files for several months/years.

Incredibly frustrating.  

I can, however, still see all the files and folders via my Windows laptop and online. 

I'm waiting for an online chat with Adobe to investigate further.

Anyone out there found a solution it would be great to hear! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martina560111292, Megandaisyagates, and Mattheww125, I am sorry that your presets are missing from multiple applications.  If you wish to resolve the error then please start a discussion in the forum specific to the application where the presets were removed from.  You can find a list of the available forums at https://community.adobe.com.

Alternately, you can discontinue posting in a public discussion forum and contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance.  I would again recommend you choose an application to begin the recovery process with when contacting our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinda did.  While I wasn't able to transfer them via cloud data.  You can export the presets (which will create a .pre file) then I transferred that to my laptop and imported it from the preset control panel.  Right click on "Preset" and click import then click on the file you exported.  That seemed to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost Presets -- Lightroom Classic.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I may chime in here,

I had the same scenario, but also worked through it and have some observations/solutions regarding it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Preferences-Migrations-on-Upgrade-Observations-Critiques...

Check the link for more but in all, I think it's due to the fact that the installer moves your LOCAL preferences directory over to the new edition, and not the CLOUD preferences directory. So I had to do some MacGyvering, but when all was said and done I got my preferences/presets back in Premiere and Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines