I’m having some trouble with Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have a issue with Premiere Pro that I cannot fix, I have a video file that is a Shadowplay recording meaning the clip is recording at a VFR instead of CFR. When I try to edit the clip, the audio and footage aren't in sync 100%. So I then used Handbrake for my footage, CFR 60fps, Quality 14, 1080p60. And now, both the audio and footage are in sync, but now it is almost impossible to edit the footage with it chugging and lagging. Has the new update improved stability with VFR footage so I can use it? Keep in mind as well my footage is at 1080p60 and is about 4hrs 32mins long. I'll try any solution once I get home! Thanks ahead of time! 

PC Specs: R5-3600, 16gb Ram 3200mhz, GTX 1070ti, 2tb HDD, 256gb SSD (for premiere) and 256gb SSD (boot drive) 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a proxy for this file. That way you can edit it like butter. It shouldn't take so long.

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more