Highlighted

I'm having trouble importing new videos into Premiere pro

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having trouble importing my videos into Premiere pro to edit. Whenever I go to import them the program crashes. It says that Premiere is not responding. Im editing the videos to put on youtube and its aggrevating because I will get a good amount of work done and when I go to put in anither video to edit it crashes and my work goes unsaved. It happens pretty random and once it happens it happens consitently for a while. My laptop is a HP and its only about a year old. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I'm having trouble importing new videos into Premiere pro

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having trouble importing my videos into Premiere pro to edit. Whenever I go to import them the program crashes. It says that Premiere is not responding. Im editing the videos to put on youtube and its aggrevating because I will get a good amount of work done and when I go to put in anither video to edit it crashes and my work goes unsaved. It happens pretty random and once it happens it happens consitently for a while. My laptop is a HP and its only about a year old. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are importing from an auto-linked download service such as DropBox or whatever, this can happen as the service may be constantly opening/closing the folder. If so, try moving the files to a folder outside the download service folder.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing the videos?

I noticed, especially in slightly older versions of CC2020 or 2019, that sometimes when trying to import by double-clicking in the Project panel then Premier crashes but when using File > Import (or Ctrl+I) it worked just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first up, set your autosave frequency to every 5 minutes and you'll never lose much if anything.  Does your laptop meet the minimum specs for premiere

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

Gotta say I've never had this happen to me... working on both the mac and pc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0