• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need a way to export timeline out of PPro to a video file, lossless, low file size.

Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did I ask that right?

I have 10 mins on a timeline, with lots of adjustments, scale, color, etc.

I want to export the timeline to a video file, then re import that video file into PPro so later I can make a disc with it (and other timelines)

I tried ProRes42 and the file size for ONE minute of footage was 1 GB !! yikes!!! tooo big.

My footage is Standard old school DV.  24p.

Can you recommend a codec or video setting to export my stuff so it's "Lossless" but as low in size as possible??

Thank you!

Letty

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

so later I can make a disc

If you want to send it to an authoring program like Encore to create a DVD, use Mpeg2-DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so later I can make a disc

If you want to send it to an authoring program like Encore to create a DVD, use Mpeg2-DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to export it from PPRo, lossless as possible, and low file as possible, then import it back into PPro.  I have a long project and need to break it down in pcs, before doing a final render and disc.  Each section will be about 5 mins long, and has lots of stuff in it, ie: color, upscale, denoise, lots of stuff that will not simply export into a disc... for fear of crashing....   it's easier to break it down and make mini masters, then import them all back into PPro, then making the disc will be very easy on the computer. 

I just need the right setting...  prores is sooo big.    I will check out Mpeg2, I think that is the way to go. IF it can be almost lossless?   Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you upscaling the footage from SD to HD?

I converted 76 minutes PAL DV to GoPro CineForm with a Quality set to 4 and it came out 17.7 GB. ProRes should come out more or less the same.

Lossless files are never small. 

Post a screen dump of your Export Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll try gopro cine when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your wishes are absolutely in conflict with each other. That's the exact size ProRes42 is designed to be.  The target data rate is approximately 147 Mbps at 1920x1080 and 29.97 fps. 147 Mbps is 8820 Mb = 1102 MB per minute. And it isn't even lossless. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202410#:~:text=Apple%20ProRes%20422%20is%20a,at%201920x1080%20and%....

But why do it that way? Do you know that Premiere Pro can import sequences from another project file? No loss of quality at all, but don't lose your clips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reminds me of the question "do you want it cheap, fast or good?"  Relatively speaking, drive's are cheap.  I got a 2 gig drive with my first avid, I think it cost about $ 3000 (don't ask what the avid cost). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR TEST SCREEN NAME....

Hi, when I do a prores422 export out of After effecs, it's a small file....  how come it's so big when I use PPro??? weird.

about bringing in a project file from ppro into ppro... I'm trying to avoid project files, because I only want to render them one time, then export to video, then bring the video back into Ppro so later I can send it to disc and the computer won't be freaking out about exporting all those lose render files and effects....etc...   for a 2 hour disc, I want a clean simple export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when I do a prores422 export out of After effecs, it's a small file....  how come it's so big when I use PPro??? weird."

That sounds like a fault, since the rules of ProRes422 define expected bitrates. Unless the After Effects project has negligible real world video to compress. Every video I exported from After Effects was enormous, I gave up and (did the right thing I assume, I) placed the After Effects project into Premiere Pro. But I was making deliverable, not intermediate, files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically the bitrate times the duration becomes the SIZE of the file, no matter what anyone is doing.

It's a pain but if you google certain codecs you can find charts that tell you the exact bitrates ( bits per second , shown as bps ).  Then it's calculater time.... put in number of seconds and multiply by bps. That gives you the bit size... so you just convert to mb, gb, etc.

make sense ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on it... thanks!    but I was hoping to use what other folks are using to export to video from ppro with almost loseless results and as small as can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines