• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help to create rolling horizontal text in Adobe Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help to create scrolling horizontal text in Adobe Premiere - having difficult time doing this - something I am missing

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help to provide an idea of what you're doing if you want help with that. The simplest way to do this is to write out your text as a text object on your video. Then select it and go to the effects controls panel, find the position and change it to the start point of where you want it to be, hit the "keyframe" icon, then go to the point you want it to stop scrolling in your sequence (extend out the text area in the sequence if needed) and move it with the position value in the effects controls panel and you're done. To make it a smoother start and stop you can right click the keyframe diamonds created and ease out and ease in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response - I would like to enter a 35 sec script @ the bottom of the video, scrolling horizontally like a ticker. However, I am running out typing space on the screen. Is there a way to copy and past the script from another source such as word or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can copy & paste from most word editing apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you run in to any issues with an object that's sooo many pixels wide?  I've got some ideas how to work around that if there's an issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't, but then, I've not done anything gargantuan with this. Simply had say three paragraphs of text copied/entered. I know of others that have run this for say a five-minute video, so they would have had a lot of text there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I remember correctly, fcp7 had a text "preset" that was setup to do this.  too bad that doesn't exist in premiere... or does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Smith just covered this:

https://youtu.be/8zLLFlKhpDA

https://youtu.be/usxaqEwxNDA

https://youtu.be/rWHGADBOUbc

No I don't work for him. 🙂 I just follow his channel. Lots of useful stuff!

Animated Title Crawl / News Tickers in Premiere Pro This tutorial will show you how to create a title that crawls from right to left along the screen. These types of titles are used for news or any time you need to show more text than the screen can show. BUY 30 Animated Tickers ...
Using your new Title Crawls / News Tickers! This tutorial is for anyone who has purchased the VideoRevealed 30 Animated Drag & Drop Title Crawls / News Tickers. It will show you how to extract and install them and give you a preview of all 30 animations. If you don't have them yet, you can pick ...
Adding your logo to your Title Crawls / News Tickers This is another Ticker / Title Crawl tutorials showing how to customize them with your own logo and how to change and save font design choices. In addition it shows how to use to automatically animate logos. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much - very useful indeed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines