• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need really simply help... I have no clue what I'm doing. I just need to clip the first 5 seconds

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a novice and don't really know what I'm doing.  For work, I have 4 videos where I just want to clip the first 5 - 7 seconds off the begining for Senior Leaders testimonials.  Please help.  Time Urgent.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways of trimming of the first couple of seconds of a clip. You can place the mouse at the start and when you see the mouse pointer changes you can just click and drag to the right to trim off the start of the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search for help here on forum for how to TRIM CLIPS on timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put the playhead at the first frame you want to keep, press the Q key, it removes all of that clip before the playhead and closes the gap to the previous clip.

If you want to trim the end, again park the playhead on the first frame you want to cut ... then hit the W key. It will delete that last section of the clip and again close the gap to the next clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines