Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I updated Premiere and there are no default Keyboard Shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I recently update Premiere Pro to the most recent version and there are no default Keyboard shortcuts. When I select the Keyboard Shortcut menu item under Premiere Pro heading the keypad is all in grey. I can't even save my own custom key commands. Does anyone know how to fix this?Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 4.36.42 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try trashing preferences:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg, but that didn't work. I appreciate the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, use the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this problem now and found a workaround. Try changing Language Preferences, here is how it turned out for me.

• Keyboard shortcuts gone: English display language with Swedish keyboard.
  • Keyboard shortcuts working: Swedish display language with Swedish keyboard.

I can live with Swedish Display language while editing, I don't have to reboot the computer after changing, just restarting Premiere is enough.

/Magnus

language-preferences.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can live with Swedish Display language while editing, I don't have to reboot the computer after changing, just restarting Premiere is enough.

If you use this setting in the Language settings in Windows you can have English display language. I don´t know if it will fix the issue you are facing, but this setting works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks. By demoting English in the list its working. Somehow it thought that "Windows Display Language" was tied to the language in top of that list.

/Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tip works for me! Also had this problem and by setting the same display/layout it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magnus.

You are a Life Saver!!!

I've been so annoyed for weeks now with this broken application. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and everything stopped working. Cutting videos without shortcuts are so much more time-consuming.

Removed using tooling, removed using windows, and also removed using Regedit and searching all files with Adobe in the name and removed them and reinstalled and still no key shortcuts, not even CTRL-S.

I saw this post and thought maybe I can change from Swedish Keyboard / English System lang to both being English and vola now I can work again. I hope they fix this issue because it's really disturbing that and confusing but now I have a workaround.

Thank you again.

Best regards

Daniel Persson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius!
Thanks, Magnus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thank you! I actually spent over any hour with Adobe support last week uninstalling and reinstalling trying to fix the issue. It seemed to be working after the support session but after a reboot, I was back to not being able to use any shortcuts. Using the workaround, having the Swedish (Sweden) keyboard with English language display settings. Works a treat 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with English Language United States and German Keyboard, in both latest Premiere Pro 2019 and 2020.

There are not keyboard shortcut bindings at all.

Looks like a critical show stopping bug that needs fixing within 24h?

I already hear you laughing 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any support for this product?

My advice: go through the process to cancel the subscription and you can lower the monthly fee, or directly change to Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone i faced the same issue and i came up with a simple solution , i asked my friend who have the same version of premiere pro and his program works perfectly to save a costume file of keyboard layout and then i paste the file in my computer and the problem solved if you know any one you know just ask them for help or i will provide this file link to download : 

https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/pOw7KLEZ/file.html

for me i placed in this folder :

C:\Users\ASUSS\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-ASUSS\Win

search for something like that on your PC

then in the premier pro just go to keyboard shorcuts and select adobe keyboards like this :

anoira46802595_0-1591444274096.png

tell me how this works for you and if it worked don't forget to help others who have the same issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coincidentally, I again run into the same problem today, with latest version 14.2.

Adobe knows about the problem and the solution for more than half a year internally, but there is no bug fix yet...?

They sent me the keyboard config file once in a support chat session, and there are other threads with problem description and solutions.

It looks like the keyboard config files are not saved in user profiles correctly.

Short solution, download this tool here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU FOREVER 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

file no longer exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to solve this same problem (Mac OS).

I normally switch back and forth between two keyboard layouts (US keyboard and Latin American) because I need to write in spanish comfortably, but also program which is easier with the default layout. The way I fixed it was:

- Quit Adobe Premiere Pro

- Switch to English keyboard (through the menu bar)

- Start Adobe Premiere Pro

... that did it. Apparently starting Premiere with the Latin American keyboard cleared out all the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines