• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've been editing Video for two years on my 13 inch MacBook Pro and Now Premiere Crashes Every time

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, my computer can't handle normal high definition on Adobe Premiere.  I switched everything over to software export and it's still making my computer's memory go out the wazoo.  Please tell me why the new software update is f***ing up my computer and is it just so that we have to buy new macs. (F***ing kill me)

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

software updates often require higher system requirements and that may be the issue here.   New features put greater demands on your computer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

If the previous version of premiere was working for you, I suggest you revert to it...  

Honestly, I don't think Adobe cares whether you buy a new mac or not...  They don't make any money off of apple computers...  

If your mac meets the system requirements, you might try resetting your preferences and clearing out your caches...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Being a user to user forum many people here suffer the same surprises of technology changes ( software and hardware and updates etc. ). I personally want to stay within the limits of what my computer(s) can do cause I can't afford to buy new faster more powerful stuff. I'm kinda stuck with what I got for the rest of my life.

I planned it that way. I only deal with full HD and short videos ( like 1 minute maybe ).

But that's me.... and I'm happy as a clam using cs6 and resolve with 17" on laptop and 27" or whatever on edit computer.  Just be patient and backtrack to version that worked and go for a walk or something... people love you.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines