• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I’ve tried all motion blur techniques and they’re trash (I want to make a proper gaming video)!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, there are many ways to get motion blur and please don't judge me, I am just a begginer (I  assume) who wants to get smooth motion blur.

these are the techniques I know about:

1) Through frame blending ( recording in high frame rates and exporting in 60 FPS )

2) Through RSMB which you need to buy (I've done that) and looks really good and natural.

3) Use the both mentioned above to get the best effects ( I think because I haven't tried rsmb without frame blending )

Problems I've experienced with all of these :

1) It looks kinda choppy and laggy alone with no other effects (and also I cannot record in more than 100 FPS cuz hardware)

2) It looks smooth but takes 10 minutes just to render 10 - 30 seconds of gaming footage (I recorded in 100 FPS and rendered it in 60 FPS )

3) It looks the best best but takes 15 - 20 minutes to render 10 - 30 seconds of footage (look above for the FPS recorded and rendered in )

So overall I can't make a gaming montage with smooth and cool motion blur.

My Hardware and equipment and game I record and software:

Game : Minecraft (I already tried In game motion blur but it looked crappy in the recording)

Screen Recorder : Open Broadcaster Software/ OBS (settings are 1080p 100 FPS bilinear fastest scaling, output mode advanced and codec to 264x as hardware recording was bad and 8500 kbs (kilobitrate) and ultra fast setting and CRF : 16, 48 hertz 192 bitrate sound)

GPU : Amd Radeon RX 570

CPU : I7-7700K 3.2 GHz 1 core

RAM : 16 GB DDR3 or 4 Idk about this one

Hard Drive : OS on 300 GB SSD, Extra storage : 1TB HDD, 500 GB HDD

Company : MSI

Monitor : BENQ 20 inch 1920x1080 75hertz

Computer Case: Coolmaster and something

and that's about all I know.

Pls help me I really wanna record smooth videos. Hope u can help me.

also I'll send screenshots later as cI am currently on my iPad.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the cpu GHz might be incorrect so I'll send screenshots and more information along with corrections tommorow, don't roast me with complex stuff I am new ( a bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CPU is I7-7700 3.60GHz 1 CORE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DEG,

Check out this insider's technique. If you have the full complent of applications in Creative Cloud, you can also try After Effects, which has built in Motion Blur in Layer Switches.

Otherwise, I would buy RSMB. It's a brilliant tool you'll probably use again and again. I find it handy for cinematography, as well. Great for time lapses. Many things. 

I like this video that features RSMB.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the first method would really work for me as I am working with a montage here not with art and animation but I haven't tried the other methods if you don't count rsmb (which I don't think is that good because ummm... it takes hours to render 3 minutes of my footage). But still thank you for the helpful comment, who knows maybe these techniques would be good for the future. I will try out the after effects method see if it works, thank you for replying so soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I don't really think that the after effect one is working because I am seeing no motion blur but whatever, I'll find another way. But still thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I am sorry if I seem a bit rude or something like that but I am really new to the community like this is my first post, because I usually try to figure out problems and their solutions on my own, so I am not used to community talk (not to mention I am like a 12 year old), so sorry if something I say upset you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not at all DEG. I'm totally into your idea and motivations. You're fine, my friend. Sorry RSMB takes so long to render. Feel free to private message me if you need help with community stuff or you want to chat about whatevs. 

Take Care!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines