• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Would like to import markers INTO a sequence.

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell, the only way to you can move markers is out via File>>Export>> Markers...

when in a sequence there seems to be no reverse action for this. I know ive read on may other places that there are people wanting the same feature for their workflow.

How do we get this in cue for some future release?

In my need to move markers from one sequence to another i did figure out a work around until adobe allows us to import markers to a sequence

My work around was this:

in the project bin, select sequence with markers i want to move.

duplicate and rename sequence. your using this duplicate as the transport and new timeline.

lock whatever track your using for sync reference if you are and delete all other tracks.

selecta all content from the track you were hoping uselessly to import your markers into.

past into you newly created sequence and line up your sync.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submitted this as a feature request as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are speaking of Sequence Markers, as opposed to Clip Markers, correct?

If you are speaking of Sequence Markers, I'm trying to understand your workflow - and why you wouldn't want to use Duplication of the sequence - as in my experience, Sequence Markers either relate to specific areas (ranges) of a timeline like intro, interview, music cue, etc. or are placed in relation to time.

Can you detail how you are working with the Sequence Markers in the original sequence and what you want to accomplish by having them appear as copied in another sequence?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested to know as well please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this specific instance, it may seem complicated. But importing markers seems like such a basic feature.

If it was from a third party program (taking notes, camera hardware buttons that record the time on press for highlights) or just moving markers from one person to the other (for example from feedback. I send one person the clips, they mark all the times that are interesting and just send the csv from "export markers" back and I can import them to the clips.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also curious why such a feature would be needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe my methods of multitrack editing is strange. but i have 4 sequences. One of the sequences is for slides and graphics. it basically becomes a camera in the multicam setup. as im laying out the slides i mark notes, go through script changes and annotate the video via markers.

i then select that track as one of the sequences for the multitrack. so id like all those markers to be layed into the cutting track when i go to cut for cues. exporting is an option importing is not. the only workaround i have is to duplicate the slide track then delete the contents and past the multitrack composite and sync it manually... usually it to strack length but so just setting it to track start is ok but it seems like it should support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps.

Manual Multi-Camera Method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't clearly understand your workflow, but I believe everyone should edit in the way that best works for them - and if having the sequence markers an importable asset helps you, then I'm all for it.

I'm sure if I sat in the edit bay watching what you are doing it would become clearer to me. From your description:

sastian wrote:

it basically becomes a camera in the multicam setup

I would just edit everything in one sequence right from the start, editing each video track separately but maintaining the global sync relationship by virtue of being in one timeline - but everybody works differently.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there are a lot of web platforms right now that allow you to gather feedback from csv files and it would be nice to have that feedback pasted straight on your sequence timeline to do exactly the changes that you or your teem need to do. It's a basic feature that has huge impact on productivity. I don't understand how is this not yet implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be.  Was a great feature called CS Review.  Adobe dropped it.  I guess not enough folks used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vimeo Pro has a very useful Pr Panel and a review tool that generates a csv file, but they didn't implement the markers import into the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There now is a free extension that does the job!

Because Adobe has still not integrated this feature, as of April 2021 (PPro 15.0), I have developed an extension that can import timecode-related information from CSV files and will automatically create markers in the active sequence, based on the CSV data. This tool – I called it Markerbox – helps me save a lot of time, and so I want to make it available to everyone.

Markerbox is currently in beta stage, supporting CSV files from Screenlight.tv, Magix Sequoia and Adobe Premiere Pro, and it offers different options for the import, e.g. rules to color-code markers based on edit names. More formats and features are planned. 

For the next stages, and especially for the support of further CSV file formats, it would be great to get an idea of what you guys actually want to import. Feel free to check out details at markerbox.pro and contact me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Love it! But I get Error 3 when opening a CSV file on my Mac. I tried Premiere 2021 & 2020, and it is the same on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting me know. I sent you an e-mail. Maybe we can sort this out together to help others that might run into the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines