Ideal export settings and file size for one-hour webinar from PowerPoint Slides and Audio file

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I looked into the previous messages about this topic, but I couldn't find all the answers I need for my Premiere Pro cut from a PowerPoint presentation.

1) I exported from PowerPoint both an mp4 file of the slides and the list of JPegs with a 1920x1080 resolution (File>Export> and then chose MP4 or JPEG. For the MP4, I set the duration of the slides to 30 sec (because anything more for some reason made the export fail):the final file size of the Mp4 is 183MB. While the 26 JPEG files of this presentation (26 slides total) vary from 198KB to 414KB each.

2) I importetd both into Premiere and they both work just fine. I created a sequence to match the length of the audio track, which is 1 hour.

3) Export moment: looking at the chain of messages I read here, I set it to:

Format: H.264

Preset: Match Source _Adaptive Low Bitrate

Under Video Settings: VBR, 1Pass and Target Bitrate:5 and Maximum Bitrate:5

And the file size from either the original PowerPoint Mp4 file or from the JPEGs is 2249MB

Is that normal?

And if yes, what could be the way to make it smaller once exported from Premiere to give to the client to put on their Youtube channel or other web platform?

Thank you so much for your help

Evi

TOPICS
Export, Formats, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At a quick glance you are doing the right things, though hopefully others can chime in if there are better workflows for your situation. Keep in mind that anything uploaded to YouTube is going to be recompressed ... so compressing even more before sending to YouTube is not necessarily a good idea. You could probably lower your encoding datarates without much quality loss as your images are (all?) stills if I'm reading your post correctly. Try VBR at 2.5MBps and see if quality is maintained.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I will try that and see how it goes

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines