Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identify color representation(YUV/RGB) of video file or exr image

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am developing an AE plug-in and integrating it on Premiere Pro. One of the requirement is to identify the color profile of input video file, meaning if user imports a file or EXR image from Premiere Pro, the requirement is to identify whether imported file contains RGB or YUV representations. I am going through Premiere Pro and After Effects SDK developer guide but couldn't find any information.
Please let me know After Effects or Premiere Pro API's available to find RGB and YUV representations.
Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

AE effect plug-ins get buffers of pixels from the host; these buffers do not necessarily correspond to the format saved in any source (input video) files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AE effect plug-ins get buffers of pixels from the host; these buffers do not necessarily correspond to the format saved in any source (input video) files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines