• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illegal sub-blacks, new Videolimiter useless?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Videofile (MXF, Xdcam 422, 1080/25) got bounced back by broadcasters QC due to illegal black levels (-40mV). Eventhough I had the new Videolimiter applied to 105 IRE. I figuered, that it only occurs in graphics as e.g. lower-thirds.

Second problem (broadcaster didnt mention). My reds are completely out of range in the vectorscope ... again, Videolimiter is applied to a Adjustment layer above all video/graphic layers.

It feels like the new videolimiter doesn't do its job, or am I missing sth here?

Can someone help me out here? 

I am using premiere2020 on PC. 

Edit: Old videolimiter cuts my blacklevels at zero. Perfect! <- but why do I need the new one??? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some super-darks when say lifting the HSL curves either Luma vs Sat or Sat vs Sat, that any movement above the "original" line gets super-darks added immediately.

Often adding text/graphics from the EGP can suddenly result in super-darks.

Adding sharpening can suddenly create super-darks.

And there is no real good way to get rid of them.

@TrentHappel  ... thoughts/comments please?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have been focused on other areas of the app lately, so I am not aware of these color-related issues. I will ask around the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't sure whether to call thee or Wes ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well ... i did not add grpahics/sharpening to the footage. I was just asked to make a broadcast safe MXF from a premade ProRes4444. I did not alter the footage in any way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a right pain, isn't it?

Yea, I've complained about the limits of the video limiter, because as you noted, it doesn't simply cut PERIOD. Super-darks gotta go buh-bye.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines