Image Quality Issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to import some footage from the movie "The Tree of Life," which of course is in crisp HD and widescreen. However, once I drag the clip onto my timeline, it looks all pixelated. Could somebody explain in detail why the two images don't look the same, based on my sequence settings? Is there any way to make them look the same?

Sequence_Settings.PNGImage_Comparison.PNG

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequencew is only SD. Right click on the file in the project panel and select ' new sequence fron clip'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know from the sequence settings that it is only in SD? Also, how will selecting "new sequence from clip" help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at your own screen capture. The video is 640 X 480 not 1920 X 1080 or 4K. Right click the video clip in the bin and select new sequence from clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines