• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image "bleeding"/"blowing up" with strobe lights | what's happening?

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, and thanks to the people keeping this community up. This seems to be an awesome resource for troubleshooting.

My team and I have been working on an important video project. The main project was recently passed to a new video editor, who has issues on the exported files no matter our basic settings. Both work on premiere obviously.

Here's an example of an exported file from the second editor. As you will see, everything looks fine up until 00:50, which is when the light show starts. From there on, the image does this very weird thing where this image seems to clash with the strobe lights, and ends up "bleeding" or "blowing up", for the lack of a better term on my end. Check it out:

https://youtu.be/pNDAjXPOFEE

Two questions:

1) The source footage is not like that of course. What is happening during the export?
2) Is there a viable solution?

As the director of this project, the first editor may have deinterlaced each file manually, which the second editor hasn't tried to do yet. The reason he's on standby for that initiative is because I wanted to make this post and make sure what the problem at hand is. The first editor is not available to let us know right now. so I hope one of you can help us.

In the case where deinterlacing the footage is the only way, here's a third question:

3) Is there an application/software that makes it possible to deinterlace footage without any quality loss?

Thanks a lot for your time

-Romain Coquette

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the original footage interlaced?

Please post screenshot of original clip in MediaInfo in treeview here on forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for your reply

As you can see, this is a multiangle edit using a wide range of footage. The many source clips used are covering just as wide of a spectrum when it comes to formats, so we have YouTube rips as well as 4K master files. Same for the framerates, it ranges from 25 to 60fps.

I should have mentioned this in the main post, but posting a MediaInfo recap would probably be irrelevant to the situation. Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines