• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Sequence Import Error: Missing Frames at the end of a sequence?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a student user still fairly new to using Premiere Pro.

I have several rendered images from a 3D short that I am putting together that I need to assemble in an image sequence. I have used Premiere before for this and it has previously worked without a hitch. However, I am finding that some of my frames are missing from the end of the image sequence. Instead of going from 0001 to 0160, it goes from 0001 to about 0150 as far as I can gauge. The program doesn't throw any missing frames errors, it just simply cuts off at about 10 frames or so till the end. I have tried everything from isolating the image files in a separate folder, double and triple checking my naming conventions, and nothing works. I've also tried it with several other sequences of images I have and I am still running into the same issue.

To note, I am on the latest version of Premiere, I am using .exr image files, and I'm working in 1080 resolution at 24 fps. I have worked with these settings before and they have worked, but if something has happened in the latest update that makes one or more of these settings the problem, please let me know so that I can try it out.

Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see something similar, although for me only 1 frame was cut off. Still one frame too many.

1. Make 24fps, 160 frame comp in AE, starting at frame 1

2. Render out to EXR sequence

3. Import into Premiere

4. Check frames in the source monitor (all are visible)

5. Re-interpret footage to 24.00 fps (import originally had it at 29.97)

6. Check frames in the source monitor again (one is cut off)

It gets a little weirder though. In the source monitor I can drag the time marker to where frame 160 should be, but no frame appears. If I drag the clip into a Sequence it is cut off in the same way, but if I pull the end time of the clip out it reveals the missing frame.

I'm going to file a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fnordware,

The bug filing location is here now: Premiere Pro: Hot (3111 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

I didn't see your bug filed over there, so I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a similar issue when importing .png image sequences at 24fps. Last frame gets cut off. The workaround I found is to re-interpret the clip at 23.97, than again at 24fps.

I filed the bug in user-voice.

Premiere 14.0.4, Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the exact same issue here. I'm not able to get the workaround to work, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue, with TIFFs. Every image sequence I import is listed as one frame less that it should, no matter how I interpret the footage framerate or set the timecode. It doesn't register in the item properties or appear on the source monitor. However if I lay it in a sequence, I can miraculously expand the end of the clip and recover the frame. After merging this expanded clip with audio in the sequence, the newly created clip has the correct duration and the frame appears on the source monitor. Unfortunately this is the only way for me to create merged clips with the footage, because if I try it from the Project window it creates a clip with video that is one frame shy of the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines