• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are faded in playback and in export

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited photos to have good contrast, however, when I put the images into the timeline they become faded. I already went to Preferences>General and clicked on Display Color Management (requires GPU Acceleration), but that only changes the display and what I'm looking at, not the actual video file. I didn't change any settings and the previous project I did with images (almost exactly like the one I'm working on) and it didn't have this issue. No fading whatsoever. I also already reset the settings. Help needed!

You can see in the photo the originals and how it shows the faded version in the timeline. It's not a huge fade, but it's enough to not work for what I need.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.26.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images on the left are all jpg and the timeline shows a mov.

I dont see much differences.

Check images/mov with the scopes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the exported video of the project. I have attached below the original timeline with the images.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.48.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images look similar here on the web.

How are you determining that they are faded? Looking at the exported video in Quicktime perhaps? Do you have any other viewers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the playback, QuickTime, after uploading it to google drives and watching it there. It's still faded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime! that is your answer.

FAQ: Why does my footage look darker in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is though is that I didn't have this problem with it on my last project that was the exact same format. It's only been since I updated to the new Mac OS. And I went to open that previous project, slid in a new photo into the timeline, and it was faded! The old photos that were already in the timeline were not faded in the program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only been since I updated to the new Mac OS.

And Mac has been changing the color management settings within the ColorSync utility. That's the issue here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it shouldn't affect the program monitor, should it? The original source in the premiere library is the correct color, but then once slid into the timeline, the program monitor shows a faded version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "library", do you mean the thumb in a thumbnail view in bin, or in the Source monitor when opened there?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both, as a thumbnail and when clicked on to view in the source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the playback meaning...? Are you bringing it back into PP and looking at it there? Comparing the source monitor and program monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, comparing it in the source and program monitor. The program monitor shows it faded after I move the image from the project into the timeline. I did go to Preferences>General and clicked on Display Color Management (requires GPU Acceleration), but that only changes the program monitor and what I'm looking at, not the actual video file after I've exported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this photo will help. On the right is the original source with the contrast I want. On the left is the faded exported video.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 3.51.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Neil will be around shortly. If you turn off the color managament you turned on, is the color in monitor more or less similar to what you are exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color in the monitor is the exact same as what is being exported. So it is faded as well if I turned off the Display Color Management (requires GPU Acceleration) option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines