• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import media from Google Drive?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2018 - I can't see my Google Drive or OneDrive from my media browser, only local disks. Any way I can assess these cloud drives?

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Bad idea, just copy photos to computer first. What happens is that you might later open the Premiere project and if for whatever reason Google Drive cannot be accessed, then the photos are missing from the project. Just do it right and no regrets later.

Please note that when "Importing" media into Premiere, the original assets are not actually being physically moved anywhere, there is just a link in Premiere pointing to the original media location. That is why we are recommending against this pra

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During actual editing, it is FAR preferred to have the media on a local drive and not the cloud. Read/write is not going to be adequate for most media.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using Windows Explorer to move any media located there onto a dedicate Media drive first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but in my case, I only want to import a few photos from Google drive, into Premiere Pro. The output will be stored to the local drive.

Is there anyway I can get Premiere Pro to see my Google drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad idea, just copy photos to computer first. What happens is that you might later open the Premiere project and if for whatever reason Google Drive cannot be accessed, then the photos are missing from the project. Just do it right and no regrets later.

Please note that when "Importing" media into Premiere, the original assets are not actually being physically moved anywhere, there is just a link in Premiere pointing to the original media location. That is why we are recommending against this practice.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not realize they were not physically being moved. Makes sense now and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's actually a good idea... it's just that Adobe is inconsistent with it's ability to access google drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to open a video on google drive in Premier pro. the video is too big to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a bigger drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines