Highlighted

Import old Premiere Pro CS6 file into CC

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Premiere Pro project from the mid-noughties.  It was last opened, probably, in CS6.  I would like to open it in the latest CC version so that I can edit it again, but it won't open.  The error is that there are either outdated elements or damaged.  I'm pretty sure it's the former - possibly an old plug-in I used.

Is there some way of opening it?  I can see that the prproj file is a text file.  If I could strip out the outdated stuff and open it enough to fix it (keeping as much of the edits as possible) that would be a start.

Any thoughts on how to get it loaded, or at least as much as possible?

I can't attach the .prproj file because Adobe refused to recognise it as a valid prproj file and won't upload it (Aarrrggghhh!!! :-).

Topics

Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Import old Premiere Pro CS6 file into CC

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Premiere Pro project from the mid-noughties.  It was last opened, probably, in CS6.  I would like to open it in the latest CC version so that I can edit it again, but it won't open.  The error is that there are either outdated elements or damaged.  I'm pretty sure it's the former - possibly an old plug-in I used.

Is there some way of opening it?  I can see that the prproj file is a text file.  If I could strip out the outdated stuff and open it enough to fix it (keeping as much of the edits as possible) that would be a start.

Any thoughts on how to get it loaded, or at least as much as possible?

I can't attach the .prproj file because Adobe refused to recognise it as a valid prproj file and won't upload it (Aarrrggghhh!!! :-).

Topics

Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to try this guy, he fixes project files.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/12528724

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't attach the .prproj file because Adobe refused to recognise it as a valid prproj file and won't upload it

Zip the .prproj file and attach it. That should work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but doesn't like zip files either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Averdahl LATEST
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload it to Dropbox/OneDrive, etc, etc and post a link here?

I saw now that attachements are only allowed for the very first post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines