Imported audio has lower quality

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premiere Pro and I don't know a ton about it. My intent is to only use it for simple editing. When I try to import an audio file or a video file with audio, it sounds muffled on the timeline and in the final export. I know that there is a problem with Premiere Pro because when I play these files through media player they sound normal. Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help us to help you - we have no idea what kind of audio files are being discussed. What format are they - .wav or .mp3 or something else? If .mp3, try converting to .wav first before importing.

Please let us know the specs of the audio, such as sample rate, bitrate, format and what Sequence Settings and Export Settings used in Premiere.

Thanks

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import .mp3 and .mp4. I tried a .wav and that sounded normal, but I guess now my question would be: which video format would not have the quality loss?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using .mp3 clips in Premiere doesn't always work out so great. Just make a habit of converting to .wav audio first and that should fix your problems. Are the .mp3 files 44k, 48k? Video usually uses 48k audio.

Thanks

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started using Premiere as well. I actually just got the trial to test it out to see if I want to buy it. I'm noticing that my audio for AVI files is getting muffled and a little distorted, almost like if it was an 8 bit sound if that makes sense. When I import MP4 videos, MP3 audio, etc., it sounds fine, but it sounds terrible when I import AVI files. Any reasons for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines