Imported detected an inconsistency

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. please I need an urgent help. So I exported a 20sec animation from c4d. When I bring the clip into premiere pro, it says 'importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing file's meta data (XMP) has been disabled.

P.S My window player plays the video smoothly

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the metadata is additional information about the file that can include all sorts of things that may not be important for your work such as timecode, and a ton of other things.  If it plays and exports without issues, you'll probably be ok.  If you need some reassurance, export the file in a high quality format such as prores hq from premiere and import the file back in to premiere.  If you don't get the warning, I'm guessing you'll be ok..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Vic5CFC AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out. So the video is not opening at all in premiere pro. It just shows the error and does nothing 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it might help if you tell us the export settings from c4d...  

You could also check the properties of the files in mediainfo

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

codec, frame rate, pixel dimensions are probably the most important specs we need...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Vic5CFC AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bandicam 2020-11-13 19-43-56-634.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Vic5CFC AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is not importing at all

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avi is an old format and is probably the cause of the problem.  export as a quicktime in a high quality format like prores 422 hq.  If you need a lossless format prores4444 wil do the trick.  If you need an alpha channel (transparency) so you can superimpose your animation, prores4444 has that capability...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Vic5CFC AUTHOR
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4d doesn't export in prores. Thanks I figured out rendering in image sequence is the best rendering option on c4d

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to convert the image sequence to something like prores in adobe media encoder...  I haven't had to deal with image sequences in premiere, but back in the day, they were a nightmare in fcp7.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Vic5CFC AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your time 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines