Highlighted

Imported effect presets disappear after closing the program

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have installed some effect presets from other people. I was able to import and use them normally. I saved the project and closed Premiere. After opening the project again, all the presets were gone. Does that mean I have to import them every time I'm using Premiere? Or is there any way to make them stay in the presets folder in Premiere?

Thanks, Daniel

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported effect presets disappear after closing the program

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have installed some effect presets from other people. I was able to import and use them normally. I saved the project and closed Premiere. After opening the project again, all the presets were gone. Does that mean I have to import them every time I'm using Premiere? Or is there any way to make them stay in the presets folder in Premiere?

Thanks, Daniel

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets should stick if not:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to my project files which I saved on my computer when I do this? Will they get deleted as well?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they wont get deleted but you always should have a backup preferably on a different drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay if I'm going to do the reset I also want to save the effect presets I created myself. Where can I find the folder they are located in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the preset and export.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have posted before about presets I would advice to

reboot

de-install everything

reboot

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

reboot

reinstall

reboot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines