• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported file changes frame rate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I import certain videos into Premier Pro the frame rate changes and the video will not play correctly. The mp4 on my computer has a frame rate of 29 but once its imported into PP the frame rate drops to 14. This makes the video slow down while the audio does not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Montucky

It's time to try transcoding your video with Handbrake​ in Constant Frame Rate (CFR).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your footage might be of variable framerate (usually phone footage or screencap)

Convert with HandBrake to Contstant Framerate and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

The video I question was exported from PP to an mp4. The odd thing is that I’m using video from several past projects importing the mp4’s back into PP. All of them are fine except two videos from one project. These two videos once imported have a reduced frame rate from all the other ones that where all edited in PP. I don’t know what makes these two different in any way?

Gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Montucky  wrote

The video I question was exported from PP to an mp4. The odd thing is  that I’m using video from several past projects importing the mp4’s back into PP. All of them are fine except two videos from one project. These two videos once imported have a reduced frame rate from all the other ones that where all edited in PP. I don’t know what makes these two different in any way?

My answer would still have been transcode with Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Montucky

Are you sure that your video is in 29 fps? Maybe you are doing a video screen capture, this kind of video reduces the framerate recording at VFR (variable framerate).

Anyway, you have an easy solution:

Right click in your video in Project panel, choose Modify / Interpret Footage...

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-21 a la(s) 13.51.25.png

Set the Assume this frame rate: option at 29,97 fps, click OK. And that's all.

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-21 a la(s) 13.52.04.png

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I changed the frame rate like you said and it just sped the audio up. Imagine Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your video in QuickTime player and export audio only, then import it in PrPro and sync. They should have the same time both.

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-21 a la(s) 14.08.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have Quick time on my PC. However after looking further at the video, it flashes and looks slightly slower than the original. And the audio is out of sync even if it wasn’t sped up. Either way changing the frame rate does not seem to work. I have to go to a meeting now so please give me some time to respond to any more responses. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Montucky

It's time to try transcoding your video with Handbrake​ in Constant Frame Rate (CFR).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll give it a shot. It just doesn’t make sense that video edited and exported from PP can’t be imported back into PP without transcoding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transcoding worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it may be hard to see but the screen on the left has the video properties of the file on my computer, and if you look at the same file selected in PP the frame rate is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i tried the Handbrake method, for some reason it kept crashing , but it worked for one of my videos. 

my fix was actually by Adobe incoder. 

openn it. 

go to file-- add source 

after that right-click on the file in encoder then choose export settings

in the pop-up menu go to video annd uncheck the framerate field, now you can put the framerate you wannt. 

make sure you insert the framerate of the original file. 

click ok 

start encoding 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines