Highlighted

Imported Footage No Audio - Adobe Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Premiere Pro 2017 this morning. I went in to do some work on a project but when I imported some screen recorded footage that has audio and that appeared when imported into the last version.

Also a lot of the screen recorded or AE exported footage in the project was made offline since the update and when I re-link them it gives me the error that the audio doesn't match the audio in the original clip.

But it won't import the audio clip, which is crucial to my workflow.

Any suggestions on if this is a bug with Premiere or is there a setting I need to enable?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported Footage No Audio - Adobe Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Premiere Pro 2017 this morning. I went in to do some work on a project but when I imported some screen recorded footage that has audio and that appeared when imported into the last version.

Also a lot of the screen recorded or AE exported footage in the project was made offline since the update and when I re-link them it gives me the error that the audio doesn't match the audio in the original clip.

But it won't import the audio clip, which is crucial to my workflow.

Any suggestions on if this is a bug with Premiere or is there a setting I need to enable?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2016 2
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some possible solutions in this thread which is the same issue you (and many many many many others have).
AUDIO Problem: Premiere CC Does Not Import Audio Track of a Video, and Does Not Import an Audio File

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read the possible solutions. And, I feel the issue should have been handled in the many updates CC has done. And looking at the length of time between the other complaints and my issues last night, it seems Adobe is not interested in fixing this infuriating issue.

Got the project done in Davinci Resolve.

So disgusted and angry with Adobe right now with offering "possible" solutions. It's absolutely silly to expect creative professionals to have to deal with something as simple as keeping the audio track with the video. And then to suggest there are "possible" solutions that include digging into the far reaches of my folders....I am just in awe at the arrogance and lack of service displayed with that suggestion.

Classic sales logic dictates, if you do not take care of the customer, someone else will. Last night Davinci took care of my problem. While it seems Adobe has yet to fix this issue. And by the way, this never happened in earlier versions.

So while I do really appreciate how familiar and easy Premiere is to use as I have been with it since version 1, I am also not prepared to put up with "possible" solutions from a product that is, lets face it, very expensive when you add up the monthly fee over the course of a year.

So right now, I have it paid for by Full Sail University. And when my subscription is due once I graduate, I am leaning toward not resubscribing. I basically only use Photoshop and Premiere. And well, there are alternatives. So, if you want to retain customers, I would suggest you come up with an update that fixes the issue. Offering up platitudes and possible solutions isn't cutting it.

Look! I have a deadline. And I will lose a customer if I tell them, "Sorry, the project I was editing has not sound. But, I am working on a possible solution.". How long do you think that conversation would last? And how bad would my reputation be damaged as a cinematographer and filmmaker is used that excuse?

I am not an extended arm of tech support for Adobe. So, the suggestions you offered were rejected on the basis of this is not my problem, this is Adobe's problem. If you are unable to fix this, you will lose me forever. And so far you are on 2 strikes. I've been patient. And this has happened twice before. And both times, I ended up using Resolve.

Not sure what is going on at Adobe these days. But, when you look back at this issue stretching so far into the past, and the issue still exists, I think you should take a good hard look at the project managers and find out what exactly is going on? Clearly they are not working on updates that fix issues of customers. The only thing I have noticed on updates is that the software engineers feel the need to constantly change things around. And there is never a good explanation why things moved around.

So while they are deciding how they can change and improve Premiere, I would be very happy to see them just provide an update that can handle large files. This is supposed to be a professional video suite. And its performing like amateur hour! Fix it already! No more excuses and "possible" solutions. Or my exact solution will be to drop Adobe once and for all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 3
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Premiere and the issue still exists. Horrendous customer service!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Still there? You probably had problems with Source Patching: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-why-does-audio-or-video-not-go-to-the-track-where-i-...

Curious why Full Sail didn't teach you that.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Two possible answers here:

1. You do not have Source Patching enbabled in the Timeline. (most cases)
  2. You need to clear media cache. (few cases).

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 7
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. I deleted the media cache and it worked...also cleared a lot of space on my HDD so it's been a win win.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 1
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did a clean install of 2017.

1.) I have cleared out the cache using Premiere

2.) Moved the cache.

3.) Manually deleted the cache.

4.) Moved the location of the clips.

5.) Relinked the clips.

NO AUDIO during playback.  Waveforms do show up but the meters do not move. Clips were tested externally using Quicktime and it plays back with audio.

SYSTEM:

Yosemite 10.10.5

2.7 GHz 12-core intel E5

64 GB 1866 DDR3

FirePro D700 6144MB

Black Magic UltraStudio 4K Extreme

Quantum Server.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Adobe who gave me the solution to the "no sound on import" issue. First, close ALL running Adobe programs. Next, on the PC hit "Window" and "R" keys at the same time to bring up the run command window. Type in "%appdata%". In that window open the "Adobe" folder and find the "Common" folder. Rename that to "Common1". That should fix the problem! It worked for me.

Not sure how to get to appdata on the Mac, but this is the principle behind it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have obviously not found a solution to this problem.  I have tried all your advice and it does not work I went through a one month period with Abobe about a year ago with an sign in issue - it took them a month to fix it.  They finally had an engineer look at the error logs. Tech support was worthless and ruined my system.  I believe that CC 2017 is flawed and has a bug.  They released it too soon and now are trying to put bandaids on it.  I wasted a whole day on the advice here and cannot use the program.  Adobe screwed me in the past and I almost lost my business. Now they are doing it again. It appears there is no solution. I would like to see a response from someone above the staff. What is going on?  You had over a month to address this issue and have no solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOMP This worked for me, thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2017 0
Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, CovenantGrove!

-Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this method and it worked without having to reinstall anything. THANK YOU!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2017 2
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat - thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me!

Miracoulus!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this method to relink the "Common" folder.

I just got off the phone with Adobe who gave me the solution to the "no sound on import" issue. First, close ALL running Adobe programs. Next, on the PC hit "Window" and "R" keys at the same time to bring up the run command window. Type in "%appdata%" and hit enter. In that window open the "Adobe" folder and find the "Common" folder. Rename that to "Common1". That should fix the problem! It worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2016 5
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me as well, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 'fix' doesn't work for me either (10th Jan 2017) As mentioned, this essentially makes a very expensive bit of software completely useless. Do we get a discount on our CreativeCloud membership fee?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so after my rather grumpy frustrated post I did eventually find a solution that worked for me...

Cleaning the cache within Premiere didn't work and just deleting or renaming the Media Cache Files and Media Cache folders and reloading a problematic Project didn't work either.

However, after renaming the Media Cache Files and Media Cache folders and then starting a new project and reimporting all the files from scratch, that did work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2017 4
New Here ,
May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! After much frustration, and following along with these comments, your idea finally worked! THANKS!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing footage to an existing timeline no audio drags to timeline. (MP4 and AVCHD tested.)
Audio plays along with clip in the source monitor, but won't move to the timeline.

Tried clearing/deleting media cache folders while offline as well as renaming the Adobe/Common folder.

Not a solution.

Trick to workaround it:

The audio tracks WILL appear on the timeline if the footage is added at the creation of a new timeline.
Any time you have to add a clip, Select All, CTRL+X to cut your work to the clipboard, then delete the timeline itself from the library.
Then drag ALL the footage you expect to need into the empty timeline area at once, making sure the first clip to appear in the new timeline is at the resolution and framerate you want for the entire project.
Finally, CTRL+SHIFT+V to insert-paste your previous work at the beginning of the new timeline.

And voila! Now you get to do all your editing on the primary timeline with a pile of unsorted clips and without the aid of the source monitor for marking in and out.
yay.

Please let me know when if Adobe changes it's policy and starts supporting their products.
Until then, I'll take yet another refund for the month.
Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 2
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RotoPawn,

I apologize for the bad experience.

I am suspecting that source video and audio are not patched in the Timeline.

Please attach a screenshot of Premiere Pro, before creating the timeline and after creating the timeline.

Check this link: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 2
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots as requested.

The last process I tried to resolve this was, Close down Premiere; Manually delete all of my media cache; Manually deleted my %appdata%/Adobe/Commons folder; and started from scratch in a new project without accessing the old one.

I fought this issue for 7 hours on Sunday when it occurred for the first time. Have updated to the latest version. And having finished Sunday's project the issue is now following me into today's.

Audio DoesnAudio Doesn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 1
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RotoPawn,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

I can see that source audio and video are not patched in the timeline. (enable or highlight  A1)

Audio+Doesn

For more information on source patching please check this link: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 3
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will say 'Thank You,' albeit through my teeth, for having helped me regain my workflow. But I'm sorry to say that I can't leave it at that and feel right. I've been using Premiere exclusively as my NLE for about two years now, and I have never interacted with this feature intentionally; nor realized it was even there. But here we are, apparently because of a single mis-click, that irrationally carries the setting over from one project to the next. So please pass along to the software team that they may want to re-think the UI implementation of what they're calling "source patching."

Now that I'm looking at it, it's certainly an homage to the linear editing bays I used two decades ago, but there are multiple other NLE-minded methods I know of and regularly use to pull discreet channels from source clips in Premiere, and the benefit of those methods is that none of them qualifies as a hiding-in-plain-sight button that universally disables basic timeline functions; and then persists across all concurrent projects.

I'll wager that the reason you had the answer handy is because you get the question a lot. That's the kind of thing software engineers need to notice. Forum threads with thousands of views and tech support explaining the same thing over and over to user after user. These are the tell-tale symptoms of design elements that do not work.

For the 1 out of 20 editors who doesn't just drag and drop, ctrl+L, and delete the unwanted tracks; or pull a distinct channel directly down from source monitor... who instead chooses to disable this "source patching," drag from library, and then re-enable it... How many more come asking support why the timeline isn't working anymore? How many lose an hour trying to find the solution in the forums, like I did?

Thank you for helping me. I do appreciate that.

But more importantly, please ask the design team to justify the need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 2
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RotoPawn,

You are welcome and thank you for your valuable feedback. I will definitely advocate this on your behalf.

I will appreciate if you can take a small amount of time to provide your feedback here.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 3
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RotoPawn,

Feel free to provide feedback to the above link. It is true that a lot of "self-trained" editors get tripped up on source patching, however, that function is a basic tenet of video editing, is one of the first things that editors are taught, and has been a primary feature in all NLEs since video editing software has been invented.

You see, Premiere Pro does not know which tracks you want to place your audio and video, therefore, you really, really need to stay focused on the source patching function when laying down clips to the timeline.

It's all a matter of looking down to make sure your clips are going to land on the right track before you drag them, insert, or overwrite right then and there. Slowing down and being more deliberate in performing your steps might help you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time master channel selection ever made sense was when I had two VTRs rolling back sources, syncing, and duping to a final tape. In case you hadn't heard: Tape is dead, Kevin. Non-linear editing has no need for master channel disables like this. And if it could somehow be justified beyond the SOLE argument you made, that you repeated three times in a single sentence, which reads: "It used to be relevant so we drag it along no matter how much trouble it causes either us or our users." ...What surely could NOT be justified is the implementation of these channels as a persistent state that doesn't reset, even across new projects.

The only reason any NLE still has a master Video/Audio channel selector, is because software engineers copied the raw design from the linear solutions they were duplicating -- thirty years ago; And without asking themselves if there was a need for it in a non-linear environment. Before NLE the only way I could do a voiceover was to drop the audio head exclusively onto the magnetic tape and roll a source deck from mark In to mark Out. Back then, I needed this level of control simply to tell the VTR which heads to drop. Today, no one in post-production editing has any use for it, whatsoever. There are no magnetic heads, Kevin. It's a computer. It's got a CTRL+Z.

That said, THANKS SO MUCH KEVIN! ...for going well out of your way to insult me with your little air-quotes "self-trained" comment. What a perfect way to INSULT anyone you were speaking to - no matter whom. I mean, if I am "self-trained," than you've insulted me by implying I'm ignorant and don't understand because my industry education is lacking. But if I HAVE been classically trained, then you've insulted me by suggesting that all my professional experience didn't amount to much, seeing as I don't get the basics... You've crafted a perfect way to shout 'NOOB' at your paying CUSTOMERS, in a support forum Kevin. Congratulations.

For the record: I'm guessing I was editing in linear booths before you stopped crapping in your Huggies -- on technology you've likely never even seen -- but either way as A PAYING CUSTOMER OF ADOBE I know my OPINION of the BRAND has been so much IMPROVED by an interaction with an ARROGANT support agent who chimed into an issue that had BEEN RESOLVED by the previous agent, and HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM, to make NO SALIENT POINT, but INSULT the client.

Kevin, I'll take your resignation now.

--- Attached: Copy of Kevin-Monohan's original text in case he redacts it. As he should if he values his job. ---
"It is true that a lot of "self-trained" editors get tripped up on source patching, however, that function is a basic tenet of video editing, is one of the first things that editors are taught, and has been a primary feature in all NLEs since video editing software has been invented.

[...]

Slowing down and being more deliberate in performing your steps might help you."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rotopawn,

I'm sorry that my tone was offensive. I was in my "instructor mode" which doesn't come off so well sometimes, especially with experienced pros like yourself (I'm a former CMX linear editor myself). Looks like I need to slow down a little bit myself. I'll be more careful in my responses next time. Again, my apologies.

I guess I was confused about your issue because source patching should be automatic. I have found it impossible to defeat by simply dragging clips into the timeline. The design is such that you really shouldn't have to worry about how you are patched unless you are doing something like placing clips on other tracks besides V1 and A1.

You indicated that something must be wrong with the software because of the problem you had, and since it seems to bulletproof, I made the incorrect assumption that this was user error.

Looking more carefully at your screenshots, I think I have determined how your media was able to trip up a bug. A lesson to be learned; listen to customers more carefully. I should have asked about your media.

It appears that you are working with a clip that you got from a screen capture. My theory is that since a "talking head" is in the screen, there are additional "muxed" audio tracks in the overall audio mix. Audio from these kinds of software is not supported by Premiere Pro and must be "demuxed" before being used as the workaround. Since the audio is not recognized, patching is probably also not working correctly. This is an edge case, but I'd consider it a bug as we are seeing more and more of this kind of media.

If this is the case, please let us know and I will file a bug on your behalf.

(Sorry again for the "'tude." I didn't mean it that way, but my response certainly was tone deaf.)

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution here to this annoying feature that was added after years of being able to drag footage to the timeline. Could please talk to the engineers directly and get this feature an ability to disable it.

And yes I did report it on your bug/feature request - but it would be nice if you pushed on it as well - because it's an extra step and wasn't obvious to what premiere suddenly started doing after years of using it.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx,

I feel like a noob now by just enabling the audio track asside of the timeline. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salty

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2017 0
Participant ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got held up by the same issue. As a result I (probably unnecessarily) deleted the media cache folders.

So is this a media cache issue or is it a "source patching" issue? For me it was the latter but I came upon the media cache deleting "solution" first which just made my day worse.

The problem only arose for me after adding additional audio tracks to the timeline. Following this I discovered you need to check the source patching when adding new clips to the timeline. I sorted this out after watching this very useful video Patching source sequences in Premiere Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not resolve the audio not being imported!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The Jive Aces,

Please have a look at this FAQ and see if it assists you: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it? Please return with any questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jive Aces,

Are you OK now? What ended up working for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one worked for me HELP!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 0
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlexM,

I am sorry that you are facing this issue. Please share more information and I will try to help:

• What is the source of your media files? Please attach a screenshot of the MediaInfo​ (Tree View).
  • Are you importing your clips from the Media Browser? Importing media files into Premiere Pro
  • Where exactly your media files are located? Have you tried importing your clips from a different location?
  • What all troubleshooting steps you already tried?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a ridiculous solution especially in some projects where it takes hours to rebuild the cache.  Terrible Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the direction of deleting cache files in the media cache and media cache files directories, launch Premiere pro CC, import the mp4, still no audio.

Using Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your files have the full name with extension in the Premiere imported files view, just rename them and delete the extensions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks just uninstalled 2017 will reinstall and try your method.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2016 1
Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnv,

Please check this document: FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3)

Follow same steps for CC2017 version of Premiere Pro.

Also, check if you have any update available for the Black Magic UltraStudio 4K Extreme drivers.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet, I've tried all the solutions presented in the FAQ.

Cleared the cache manually

Cleared the cache through the software preferences

Renamed the common folder

Relocated the cache folder 

NONE OF THEM WORK.  Clearly others are having the same problems and these "solutions" provided are not making a difference.  What else can you tell us about the problem, things that might affect it, etc.  Is the only solution Adobe is now presenting is to revert to CC2014?  Please tell me there are other options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2017 2
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really struggling to figure out how to clear the cache. I can't get to the Premiere Pro Preferences menu without being in Premiere Pro, even then there is no clear cache option.
Going through the folders through User/Library etc I don't see any files to delete in "common" either.

Am I being really dumb? This is an ongoing problem for the anything but the first clip dragged into the timeline has no sound.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're reading two issues in this thread.

One is that people are having no audio at all - and are trying to clear the cache.

The other is the issue I think you're having that I have had - is that after you drag the first clip to the time line - all other clips dragged will not drag the audio with it.

It's apparently a change that was made to how premiere works now.

Here is your solution: (Basically click the little A1 V1 icons to the side of the tracks...)

Make sure source audio and video is patched in the Timeline.

1. Patching is indicated when blue boxes appear in the V1 and A1 tracks that say ""V1" and "A1"
  2. These boxes indicate that audio and video are patched to these tracks.
  3. The boxes should appear automatically after selecting the clip in the Project panel or in the Source Monitor.
  4. After the boxes appear, then drag the clip to the Timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2017 4
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open premiere pro. Click on edit than at the very bottom you'll see preference, click on it, then there will be a list of lot things like memory, appearance,media etc. Click on media. there should be a option to clear cache also after clearing cache restart pp or better reboot your machine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what was going on for me. i had tried all the other elements, but ultimately, or maybe it was a mix -- this is what happened to me. anyone know why the first drag works but not beyond that? Why the A1 gets turned off?

Thanks for posting this ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently run into the problem of .mts files from a Canon XA10 camcorder will not import into Premiere Pro with audio. I can run the files through Handbrake and convert to mp4 and that sometimes works but sometimes puts the audio out of sync. Today, I was trying to import directly from the SD card through Adobe Media Encoder to both QT and mp4 and there's no audio after the encode. This hasn't been a problem before and now it's constant. I've gone through everything I can find and still no audio. I've run through Media Encoder exporting to both mp4 and CineForm and they produce audio tracks but no audio in them. I tried copying whole cards have completely to a hard drive and encoding through Media Encoder to mp4 and QT. Clips I've previously imported and used now have no audio, either. Since it takes 90 minutes to make these conversions on an hour clip, this is really frustrating. I've never had issues before and now nothing seems to work that I've tried. I updated PPro and am now on 12.0.1. I am on a MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.3. The instruction for flushing caches, etc. have not worked. As I said, this used to be an easy thing. I'd just drag the MTS files in, which I know is not best practice but it worked. Thanks for any ideas....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR god sake, thank you so much.

I was trying desperately following the method 1. After reading your classification I finally did it with just 1 click at the A1. Before that, it seriously, confusing me...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i`ve got the same problem.
the cashe is cleare but the .mov and the .avi files have no audio with importing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here,

I have tried everything and I am about to give up.

Now seriously thinking of looking for different software!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the BS on this page and it did not help.  I went through a one month period with Abobe about a year ago with an sign in issue - it took them a month to fix it.  They finally had an engineer look at the error logs. Tech support was worthless and ruined my system.  I believe that CC 2017 is flawed and has a bug.  They released it too soon and now are trying to put bandaids on it.  I wasted a whole day on the advice here and cannot use the program.  They screwed me in the past and I almost lost my business. Now they are doing it again. It appears there is no solution. I would like to see a response from someone above the staff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the BS on this page and it did not help.  I went through a one month period with Abobe about a year ago with an sign in issue - it took them a month to fix it.  They finally had an engineer look at the error logs. Tech support was worthless and ruined my system.  I believe that CC 2017 is flawed and has a bug.  They released it too soon and now are trying to put bandaids on it.  I wasted a whole day on the advice here and cannot use the program.  They screwed me in the past and I almost lost my business. Now they are doing it again. It appears there is no solution. I would like to see a response from someone above the staff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all adobe apps (The creative cloud hub window can stay open)
  2. Window key + R key
  3. %appdata% then Enter Key
  4. Double click Adobe folder
  5. Right click Common folder and select rename
  6. Add a "1" to the end of Common so that it reads "Common1".
  7. Reopen Premier Pro
  8. Re-import MPEG 4 file
  9. Observe the file imports with audio

This entire process should take no longer than 2 minutes max and it should work. I did the cache clearing thing and that didn't help but this did. I hope it helps you too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2017 4
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheTrueRobomonster method worked for me. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir are a life saver !!! Thanks a lot man !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a solution for this. At least it worked for me. When creating a new sequence, I must have dragged the first clip without sound into the new sequence icon, and that created a custom sequence based on this first clip´s parameters (just video, no audio). Hence no audio on the rest of the clips I dragged into the timeline, that were supposed to have audio in them (in my case an interview).

Certainly hope this helps some of you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2017 5
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen to me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0