Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported MP4 clip jumpy/pixelated

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m very new to Premiere Pro and I’m trying to achieve something in limited time.

I have simple a 4 second animation of a line, which was created in After Effects by someone else and is in a square aspect ratio saved as an MP4. I’m trying to use Premiere Pro to place the animation in an aspect ratio of my choice (3:2 — essentially just making it wider) and save as a GIF.

I’ve imported the clip into a Premiere Pro porject, but when the clip is previewing and exporting it’s very jumpy and elements appear pixelated, even at full playback resolution. It’s quite hard to capture and comes and goes when I toggle the timeline.

I have no idea how to fix it and would just like it to be smooth, as it is in the original MP4. Does anyone have any advice? Is it something to do with frame rates?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Formats , Freeze or hang , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any information its impossible to help.

Screenshots will help as would properties of clip, sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, thanks for replying. Sorry for not providing that information, I’m very raw with Premiere Pro.

This is how my exported animated GIF is coming out:

St-Petrocs_Logo-Animation_3-2.gif

This is a screenshot of the proporties for the clip in the timline panel:

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.23.02.png

And this is a screenshot of my whole window:

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 12.22.30.png

The “Black Video” clip is one I’ve created and changed the colour to match the original square clip, giving me the 3:2 aspect ratio.

Let me know if I can provide any more information with settings etc. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot sequence settings and export settings.

I would choose something other than gif.

Or make the gif in Ps as its more suited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann

Here are the sequence settings:

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 13.02.46.png

Export settings:

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 13.03.24.png

My main aim, after changing the aspect ratio, is for the animation to be smooth and to repeat by itself when posted online. I’d be happy to give PS a go if it’s more suited to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn of composite in linear in the sequence settings (and max depth if checked)

Rest looks ok to me. Any particular reason it has to be a gif?

I would give Ps a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...which was created in After Effects by someone else and is in a square aspect ratio saved as an MP4.

For a source file to use in Premiere Pro i would not export an .mp4 from After Effects. Use another high quality codec such as GoPro CineForm or Apple ProRes. This will be more hassle free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines