• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported video and audio is glitchy, Canon Rebel T5i footage

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to Premiere Pro and am having a huge amount of trouble trying to get my video to play in Premiere without glitching. I can't edit my 3 videos together when they're all glitching out. I've tried using Adobe Media Encoder to change the format to various types, then re-import into Premiere, but nothing works. The video and audio remain glitchy.

I don't know if this will make any difference, but here's what my computer components are - built in Feb 2020:
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x with Wraith

SSD and SATA drives

16G D Skill RAM

I've been trying to figure this out for a few days. Today I updated my GPU drivers, uninstalled Premiere, rebooted and reinstalled it. Nothing changed.

My boss thinks it has something to do with the codec (or something?). My camera records .MOV and I can't change that - there's no setting on this camera model (Canon EOS Rebel T5i) to change from .MOV to anything else.

I can view all my videos outside of Premiere and they are absolutely fine. My boss imported my original .MOV and the .mpeg4 version into his Premiere and had no trouble. So it has to be something with my particular computer or a setting in Premiere that I need to change.

Can anyone assist me with this? In very, very simple instructions? 😄

Thanks!
Jodey

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download mediainfo and tell us your source properties.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

I'm guessing your camera records h264 quicktimes which are not the idea sources.  You could do some research on proxy workflow or just transcode to prores422.  Try transcoding one clip and see if that solves the problem...   If you need help with this workflow, post back and we'll walk you thru it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you're asking me. 🙂 Please give me explicit instructions and I'll be happy to provide the info. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe you could do a little googling and figure this stuff out...   I have neither the inclination or energy to walk you thru this...    sorry, maybe someone else will step up and walk you thru it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize - your comment said "If you need help with this workflow, post back and we'll walk you thru it." so I was asking for help.

It's all a bit overwhelming for someone who has no experience with this stuff, and who has been trying to figure it out for days with no luck.

I'll try to figure it out. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, It's been a long day...    download and run media info and drop the file into the mediainfo window and you'll hopefully get the information you (and we, if we're going to help) need...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from Mediainfo.

JodeyH_0-1596066747507.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not enough info...   You should be able to get an extended window with way too much info, but that will include whether your source material is constant or variable frame rate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but realize that we get the same questions over and over again.  Just browse this forum and you'll find the answers... over and over again...   I try and help people here, but I'm also reading about the common and not so common problems that people have to deal with and so I'm prepared to solve the problems when I face them.  Recently I had some issues with wierd issue with odd artifacts when I was trying to render out a timeline.   I knew the solution and fixed the issue...    If you want to be a better editor watch what's going on here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can appreciate that. I truly did look around and try to figure this out myself, and even looked through a lot of the posts here. I don't have names for what's going on with my video/audio, other than glitching, so searching for my specific issue is a bit difficult without the knowledge. And there is SO MUCH information out there, being a newbie makes it extremely hard to know even where to look and what to look at. It's old hat for you because you have the understanding. To me? Greek.

I don't think I can even be a "better" editor right now - I just need to be an editor period. I think Premiere is probably pretty easy to use, and I was prepared to watch as many videos as needed on how to use it, but then I ran into this the first time I tried to edit. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this one has the info?

JodeyH_0-1596068008284.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, so it says it's constant frame rate so that's not the problem.  now I feel bad...  or is that supposed to be badly...  

bring one file...   (to test your workflow) into adobe media encoder and transcode to something that's a little more premiere friendly.  Prores 422 for example...  matching your pixel dimensions and frame rate and see if that solves the issue.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - do I need to choose something here? I don't see any info on frame rate or pixel dimensions, so I'm not quite sure what I need to pick.

JodeyH_0-1596068960866.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL there are 14 Prores422 options.

The pixels you are talking about is the 1920 x 1080? and frame rate 29.97, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still doing the same thing no matter what I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post a very short clip and I'll see if I'm seeing anything obvious... or not.  won't happen til tomorrow, it's almost past my bedtime in NY...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

talking about a short clip of the camera original...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here ya go! TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if anyone has any ideas on what else I can try.

I installed Handbrake last night, but when I tried to change to a couple different formats my computer shut down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodey,

Transcode to ProRes LT via Media Encoder. That's what I use. What happens then?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I did it right, it didn't work. 😞 It did something, but it's still stuttering on both audio and video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I changed my video settings on my camera last night, just to see if it would make any difference in the issue I"m having. It doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines