Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Video [into project] is Pixelated

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning friends,

Sometimes when I import a video (.mov) into a project, certain parts of the video - when played back in-project - is pixelated. The video is also pixelated after export.

The video I am importing is a Hi-8 home video digitized by using the record feature of QuickTime Player. When I watch the .mov file (52 min, 1.48 GB) on QuickTime, the playback is fine - no pixelation.

It is only when I import the .mov file into a project that I notice the pixelation.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Brian

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post the details on the file you are talking about and your sequence and render settings. Otherwise nobody can understand what you're looking at 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

What details on the file should I share?

How do I know where my sequence and render settings are set at?

(Clearly, I'm a newbie to Premiere Pro haha)

Best,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graeme Bull, I recorded what happens so you're able to see what I'm talking about. I hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon friends,

*This is a re-post, but this re-post includes a 59 sec YouTube video so you all can see what I'm talking about*

When I import a video (.mov) into a project, certain parts of the video - when played back in-project - is pixelated. The video is also pixelated after export.

When I watch the .mov file (52 min, 1.48 GB) on QuickTime, the playback is fine with no pixelation.

It is only when I import the .mov file into a project that I notice the pixelation [see attached video].

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian

Did anyone solve your issue?

I'm getting the same problem and I have no fix yet

Thanks

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reply yet, default.

😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is a re-post, but this re-post includes a 59 sec YouTube video so you all can see what I'm talking about"

I merged both threads. Please do not start new threads about the same issue.  Just continue discussion on the original thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob! Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I had a look at your TouTube video and my guess is that it is a compression issue. Could be that Premiere is having trouble decompressinng it well for playback. Could you look at the video properties and provide the details of the Codec.

You could try use Handbreak to convert your video into a different compression and see if that solves the problem. Handbreak is free and can be accessed from:
https://handbrake.fr/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, Dean!

I'm a novice - how do I look at the video properties of the file? What details are you looking for?

Also, I just downloaded HandBrake and am looking forward to using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines