• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importer 39 Error - OPENCL Enabled crash

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3 latest versions of Premiere pro are giving me a white screen with "Importer Error 39"

When I have "GPU ACCELERATION OPENCL" Turned on. I need this on for better playback but its causing my project to crash with a white screen after a few minutes of use.

The issue seems to go away when I change my prefference to "Mercury playback engine only. But this setting is too slow to hanlde my footage (1080p .MP4 and .MOV files)

SPECS:

I am on the latest PP Update:

Windows 10 Updated

Radeon RX 580 Series Graphics (Updated)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six cores

16 gigs ram

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for this. You should not be getting any CUDA warning dialog boxes if no NVIDIA GPU is installed in your computer. If you mistakenly installed CUDA, uninstall it. Please also make sure you have installed current drivers for your AMD GPU. Don't forget to reboot. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Please disregard the CUDA statement I got confused with my laptop that is on Nvidia.

I have all the latest updates and drivers installed. Its seems as if specifically using anything in the Lumetri Panel is triggering the white screen that leads to a total crash.

The only thing I can thing of is that the graphics cards last update was May 15th and it may be in compatible with this version of premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin is correct. CUDA is exclusive to Nvidia GPUs. AMD Radeon GPUs cannot use CUDA at all. The CUDA part of the discussion's title should be changed to either OpenCL or MPE.

At one point in the past Nvidia attempted to license CUDA to other GPU makers, but the major competitor (AMD, which bought out ATi) balked at the high licensing fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Please disregard the CUDA statement I got confused with my laptop that is on Nvidia card.

I have all the latest updates and drivers installed. Its seems as if specifically using anything in the Lumetri Panel is triggering the white screen that leads to a total crash.

The only thing I can thing of is that the graphics cards last update was May 15th and it may be in compatible with this version of premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project and all media work fine on my laptop which has similar specs, accept that its Nvidia Geforce graphics card and my desktop that I mainly edit on is RADEON Graphics cards.

Would this mean that the issues is due to the Radeon Drivers conflicting with premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who sees this, I believe I have found the main issue through trouble shooting and research.

Adobe has conflicts with the videocard series "Radeon RTX 580". Radeon also hasnt updated its driver release since May 15th. I tested the same files and projects on my other laptop which has NVIDIA GEFORCE Card and everything works fine. I believe there is a major conflict with OPENCL cards and this radeon series where is Geforce is more compatible and up to date with current drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's AMD's graphics drivers for all of its discrete GPUs that are currently conflicting with all official releases of Premiere Pro right now. A future release of Premiere Pro may fix the quality problems, but I wouldn't count on it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct RJL, I just ordered a 2060 Geforce to get around this issue. FIX IT ADOBE lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines