• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ImporterQuickTime.prm

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I install windows 10 my premiere don't start.

The loading stops in "ImporterQuickTime.prm"

Somebody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Thanks Jeff.

In my case I discovered short before your answer that somehow, the folders where Premiere keeps some files (on my Libraries) required administrator privileges to be accessed. I had to access those in Windows Explorer with elevated permissions beforehand, and after that Premiere (and Media Encoder too, curiously AE did not have any errors) would run OK, and since then I have rebooted and Premiere continues to launch successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

DON`T CLICK ON THE LINK - IT`S SPAM...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beside of the obvious free advertisement, I did not used the Lock Hunter's software. I just deleted the frickin file and my Premiere Pro work again.

In my case, Premiere Pro was working fine for many days, until my computer crashed. When I rebooted I experienced the issue like everyone else here.

I deleted many personal preferences folders in my machine by thinking a file was corrupt for absolutely nothing and perhaps valuable pieces has been lost in the attempt of recovery.

Deleting the SharedTags file did the trick (and nothing to do with the software btw).  Please acknowledge this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up: do you guys can export now? I mean, if I ctrl + m (or command + m) from the timeline, or same thing but from the menu, instead opening AME it stays in PP doing nothing. If I try to click anywhere I can't do anything. Have to force close PP. The only way to render something is to open AME and import PP project and timeline.

That's also very bothering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent so much time trying to fix this, several days now.  Followed the many suggestions above. Nothing is working.  Was in chat with Adobe customer service and even allowed tech to take control of my computer.  Still will not launch and the tech crash my computer. I am so over the top frustrated!!!!!!!!!!  How can there be this many threads for something and no fix from adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DON`T CLICK ON THE LINK - IT`S SPAM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound in windows explorer.  Rename the file "SharedTags.json" to something like SharedTags.json-xx

Restart Premier Pro

Worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, have had this problem numerous times. 

What solved it was to disconnect all USB devices from the computer: external hard drives, USB drives, external DVD burner, and external floppy drive reader. They have all been connected from a few days to a few months. disconnect and reboot and everything worked. What gave it away was that attempting to unstall all of Adobe products locked up halfway through indicating that Adobe was in a fight with the computer. (plugged everything back in after reboot and all was OK)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I don´t have an Intel graphics card. And I have updated the only video card i have RTX 1080. I solved the problem by changing to DaVinci Resolve. I do not have time to be an IT technician every time Adobe updates its software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true that this worked for me too, but I still have to wait around 1 minute from starting the program until ImprterQuickTime.prm finally finishes loading, EVERY TIME. Is that really necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me twice now. 

Freezes on quicktime importer.prm. Comuter won't restart (have to hard stop it). Many of the explorer functions will not work (like manage this PC). 

found that any kind of USB conflict will cause the freeze in windows somewhere and that will case the importer.prm to freeze. Simply unplug all USB devices possible and reboot. Has worked twice now (offending hardware was an external Floppy reader...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here I am in 2021. with the same problem and NOTHING of the mentioned solutions worked.

After days of trial and error, this seemed to fix the problem.

1. create a new user with admin privileges

2. check if you can open Premiere from that account without freezing. If yes, continue to 3.

3. UNINSTALL all programs and the Creative cloud app

4. DELETE every mention of Adobe from your computer. This includes all folders, subfolders and files in locations as:

- C:\Program Files\Adobe

- C:\Users\[YOUR ACCOUNT]\Documents\Adobe

- C:\Users\[YOUR ACCOUNT]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

NOTE: while deleting, you may find a folder which is not possible to delete ("system can't find the file specified", although you see it). It is possible that this folder was causing all the trouble to begin with. I was able to delete it with WinRar by archiving it with the option "Delete original" enabled. Then I could delete the newly made archive and that was fixed.

5. Install the Creative cloud and all apps you want from the new admin account.

6. Go back to your account and try to open the apps, it should work now.

Hope this helps those of you who couldn't fix the problem with previous solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start Premiere with admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this after months in a slightly unorthadox way, though I wouldn't recommend it.

I disabeld the intel HD graphics card from the device manager. This caused my screen to go blank (black screen of death?) which albeit isn't ideal. I thought maybe I had caused a bigger problem by potentially bricking my computer. Several hard restarts didn't help. I removed the cover, reset the BIOS circlular CR2032 battery (removed, wait 20 sec, put back in). This essentially reset the bios for the computer. Started it back up again, and its a miracle. Premiere works now.

I don't know if just resetting the bios battery is enough, or if its an issue with the intel graphics card being reset.

Fair warning, DO NOT reset the Intel HD Graphics card if you are not tech savvy enough incase you need to reset the BIOS battery on the motherboard. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HGARGJm2d0

adobe #premierpro #importerQuicktime Please Like share And SUBSCRIBE if this video is helpful. :D ============================================================= Tutorial how to fix stuck problem loading importerquicktime.prm Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 which is involved in Intel Core i5 3470 is very ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the people still having trouble with this, perhaps this solution?

https://youtu.be/cnWxO6HrbSU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth a try! I can file a bug on it.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I created the dummy.dll file as mentioned in the Youtube video, but I also had to unplug the ethernet cable(as mentioned in the video comments) to open Premiere Pro and plugged it back in once the app opened. This is a short term workaround for users who are not using it often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to see that others have reported this issue. I am a paid subscriber and it is also bugging me that I am suddenly having this petty issue. When I asked the tech from Adobe, they dodged this question multiple times. I have reinstalled the app 3x, renamed the premier pro folder, deleted files, then they ask me if I use 3rd party plug-ins. The list is long. A few days ago I was already frustrated with my clips needing constant rendering. But the funny thing is everything was fine until 3 days ago. Since then of course, as per their tech I updated the NVIDIA graphics driver and also updated Windows 10 ... What irks me most is that these days and age we still have to rely on trial and error for bug fixes (given that there are still a million different use case scenarios). But ultimately, the users are stuck, but I am 100% sure if I was an enterprise customer this would be fixed right away. Anyway, I'm promised a call and we shall see. Right now I am going to reinstall Media encoder. But Adobe should know what is related to Quicktime. prm issue when it is loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only known fixes are a) to reinstall the applications after running Cleaner. b) If that does not work, reinstall your OS, zmir. Sorry about that. Give the devs your feedback here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion but I am really not willing to reinstall OS as it has bigger implications. I will switch to another editing product. I think the new updates screwed things up but what I found out that after I reinstalled Media Encoder it is a slight improvement. I have also launched the app as an Admin. Works fast. So does when I launch under new user account. My conclusion between Windows updates and Premier Pro there has been some screwups with the Quicktime.prm file. Definitely has to do with a profile which I have seen happen with many poorly tested new releases. 

I was expecting a call from tech support - nada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to run the program as admin. If this works, then there is a problem with the right management. In that case you have to create a new windows user and reinstall all adobe programs for the "new" user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading some previous posts from others, I rolled back the last Windows update( Windows 10 Version 20H2 x64 based...(KB001330) I installed on 4/13/2021 and now it is way quicker to launch. But I'm worried that the next update, unless addressed by Adobe with a new patch, this issue might come back since it has a long history of reappearing. 

Using a new user ID, also fixed the issue but that is not really addressing the issue rather a bandaid. I cannot switch between users to work on an application. But for now, it is working and wanted to share that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be awesome if Adobe would fix a bug from 2015 in Premiere 2021, considering it's a subscription service and I pay monthly for unusable software.

I know this is a community forum and no one from Adobe is every going to see this (as they've ignored it for 6 years), so apologies for just venting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This use to happen to me all the time.  I wanted to cuss everybody about at Adobe lol.  What I did to fix it though was letting my computer warm up after starting it for about 15 mins.  I would go do something and come back to it.  I never ran into the problem again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! I was just reading up on how to get my smog codes reset in both my 2005 vehicles 1-Cat, 1-Evap. And warming up is a significant part of it... so, I'm in sync. 🙂

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines