Highlighted

Importing AE rendered Composition into Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rendered a composition I made from Adobe AfterEffects and turned it into an mp4 file. Everything works great up to this point: the video is the appropriate length and it runs from beginning to end in the source monitor pannel when I look at it. However. When I take it to the timeline pannel to insert it in the sequence, the video is actually shorter (first picture, the original video is 6s). I tried to extend it but that won't work, and I tried doing it with the original composition but the same thing happensI saw that in the source monitor timeline there is a three-bar-looking icon (2nd picture, it's the mp4 file) in the spot where the video ends. Does anyone know if it's related, and if it is how I can restore the video to its original length? Thank you guys, I just got started so this is sort of frustrating.

UPDATE: the symbol has now disappeared but the video is still shorter than it should be

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing AE rendered Composition into Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rendered a composition I made from Adobe AfterEffects and turned it into an mp4 file. Everything works great up to this point: the video is the appropriate length and it runs from beginning to end in the source monitor pannel when I look at it. However. When I take it to the timeline pannel to insert it in the sequence, the video is actually shorter (first picture, the original video is 6s). I tried to extend it but that won't work, and I tried doing it with the original composition but the same thing happensI saw that in the source monitor timeline there is a three-bar-looking icon (2nd picture, it's the mp4 file) in the spot where the video ends. Does anyone know if it's related, and if it is how I can restore the video to its original length? Thank you guys, I just got started so this is sort of frustrating.

UPDATE: the symbol has now disappeared but the video is still shorter than it should be

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screenshots they both show that the video is the same duration (6sec in both cases) so what's the problem?

From your second screenshot I can see that your video in the Source Monitor is 6sec

In your first screenshot from the Timeline your video is also 6sec

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines